Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen3 "BlueStar" 4-door sedan styling ideas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is that with the hover option?

I had no idea there was such a variety. I think you're on to something. On the other hand, maybe not!

Green hovercraft.JPG
Volvo hovercraft.JPG

With very little to go on I am placing my bets that it will be a scaled down Model S which Elon has hinted at.
This drawing would be consistent with the Model S and Model X and would continue the Tesla "look".

View attachment 13041

I like that look (how could I not, it looks like a Tesla) but I am worried about the back headroom in smaller/shorter version of a Model S. It might make more sense to make a smaller Model X (which this kind of is). The roof line would have to be kept higher and slope more behind the rear seats. I don't think this will affect the look too much. Then of course there is the question of falcon doors covering the front and rear seats. I think it would be cool but also annoying as a drive'rs door as you open those much more than the rear one. Perhaps doors that slide away from each other (driver door slides forward, rear door slides backwards). I like the fact that they would stay close to the car. My current two door car has large doors which is nice when you have a lot of room but hard to get in/out of when you are in tight places.

I like that look (how could I not, it looks like a Tesla) but I am worried about the back headroom in smaller/shorter version of a Model S. It might make more sense to make a smaller Model X (which this kind of is). The roof line would have to be kept higher and slope more behind the rear seats.

I like the idea of a Tesla in the shape of a scaled-down Model X. Having the rear extra headroom and a taller hatch area would be useful for people transitioning away from both compact/midsize family cars and CUVs.

A Holding Pattern at Tesla - NYTimes.com
...The company also plans a smaller vehicle that would sell, in theory, for about $30,000.In an interview, Mr. von Holzhausen said the small car, which could be a volume leader for Tesla, is in the early design stages. “It’s still a doodle on a napkin,” he said. During the news conference, he said that the small car would appear in “three to four years.”...