Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen3 Wall Connect Stopped Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I just got my Gen3 Wall Connected installed by Tesla Certified Electricians, and it has the problem like the following:

Installation day:
  1. After he finished the installation, he asked me to try the charge for Tesla, it started charge successfully (With 50A breaker, the Wall Connected is configured at max 40A).
  2. After charged around 30 minutes, I got a message from Tesla APP saying the Tesla stopped charge. I checked the breaker OK, Wall Connector shows top LED green solid -- Which is standby mode according to the manual.
  3. I tried unplugged the charge port and plugged in, still no charge. I also tried turned OFF the breaker then turn it back ON, then plug in the charge port, still no charge. Wall Connector shows LED green solid.
  4. Then I called back the electrician, and he checked the breaker voltage (~240V), also checked the voltage connected to Wall Connector also ~240V. Then he log into Wall Connector through WIFI(http://192.168.92.1), everything looks normal, see the picture attached.
  5. I have another mobile connector which I always use before, I plugged in with mobile connector, Tesla starts to charge ==> Vehicle is good.
  6. Then try back to the Wall Connector, still not charge: Wall Connector shows LED green solid.
  7. The original Access Control is configured at All Vehicle, I logged into the Wall Connector, and changed to only my Tesla with My Tesla VIN entered.
2nd day:
  1. Before I contact Tesla, I think let me try again, I plugged in the charging port, Tesla starts to charge with 40A.
  2. After 10 minutes, I received a message from Tesla APP saying the Tesla stopped charge. It starts become the same as the "Installation day" as described above.
I wonder what is causing the Wall Connector to stop charge, the Vehicle is good, and AC wiring seems also good.

Anyone counts the same issue?

Thanks,
Rex