Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen3 Wall Connector and 400v install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I've installed a Gen 3 wall connector with the standard Switzerland install (400v 3 phase) but the web gui seems to only show the voltage for the L1 phase
Screenshot_20221213-141838-072.jpg

I couldn't find any video for a three phase EU install and so I wonder if it's normal to show only L1.
Anyone in Europe with a 3PNE install could confirm me that this is right?

Thanks
Giuseppe

Hi

I also have the 400V 3 phase installation and noticed the same thing.
The professional electrician, who did the install, confirmed that everything works correctly.

I've since used the Wall Connector for two weeks without any problems.

Regards

Arno

• Helpful
Reactions: gravasio
You can setup 3-phase systems using 3, 4 or 5-wires. It looks like you have a 3-wire setup. Have you looked at the manual?
I set up a 5 wires installation (L1, L2, L3. N, E) but still it shows measurements for L only...
Also in the web setup phase nothing is said/asked about phases setup.
From Arno experience it seems that it's right anyway.
Maybe the software is too much USA/UK centric where is uncommon to have 400v in residential buildings.

I set up a 5 wires installation (L1, L2, L3. N, E) but still it shows measurements for L only...
Also in the web setup phase nothing is said/asked about phases setup.
From Arno experience it seems that it's right anyway.
Maybe the software is too much USA/UK centric where is uncommon to have 400v in residential buildings.
Not trying to be cheeky, but we don't have 400V anywhere in USA. Residential is usually 240V single phase (120V/240V), while commercial is either 208V 3 phase (120V L-N) or 480V 3 phase 277V L-N). Canada has yet another voltage. Their higher voltage commercial power is 600V 3 phase (346V L-N) instead of 480V.