Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen3 Wall Connector API?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone found out a way to EDIT settings on the Wall Connector via API?

I was hoping to be able to change the max current, but since the web interface requires you to manually click the connector or turn it off and on, I haven’t been able to automate this

Tesla Wall connector API has some pretty significant flaws. For example the TotalEnergy attribute is constantly giving false information. I've got days when it just jumps by 200+ kWhs, which is impossible, because the car cannot hold more than 70 kWhs, I never charge it to 100% and my house meter does not increase by more than 40-50 kWhs that day.

This is not an exception, this is happening regularly. I think the wall connector's API is similarly buggy as Tesla's software in general (door locks, windshield wipers, phantom breakings, etc.) Probably that's why they don't publish the API because it's just not ready to use.

• Informative
Reactions: T.R.T.e.s.l.a.
I'm sure the reason they don't publish is because they don't want all the hassle that goes along with it. They have to keep it up to date, they have to notify people of changes in advance, etc...

I've got a bunch of these at my office and want to start querying them so I can see if they're in use or not. Share a visual for people at the office so they can see when what chargers are available. Excited to dig in to this.

Boy I wish there was an easy way to set amperage via the API. I'm going to have to get an OpenEVSE and use the Tesla cord if something doesn't change. I don't believe in using cloud tools for things that can be abused, but I need to be able to manage charging so that when the dryer is running maximum charge current is reduced. (I charge at 24A without the dryer and 18A with to stay within my power budget of the PV system.)