Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen3 Wall connector not charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Odd occurrence this morning. Gen3 wall connector, steady green light showing everything is normal. Connected to wifi with lastest software/firmware. Plugged it into the S, hear the click yet stays blue and shows charging complete on main screen and app even though it is at 51%. Plugged in the Y, same thing. Power cycled the unit, same thing? Will plug into the office wall connector later today but do suspect the WC to be defective. Any suggestions?

Tesla can do remote diagnoses and repair/replace if necessary. Get the identifying information for the wall connector and call Home Charging Support team at 877-961-7652 and select the option for wall connector. The team is available M-F 8 AM to 5 PM PST.

Reactions: Midnightsun
Appreciate the info and did call. What can I say except I am really disappointed in the outcome to say the least.

Waited for about 30 mins for a callback, no problem. Was asked the usual for identification of myself and the wall connector, no problem. Waited for about 20mins+ for them to get back to me saying everything looks normal and need to escalate this however they want pictures of the voltages from the app, close up clear picture of the contacts of charging handle and finally a picture of my receipt.

I asked how long would this take and they said we are very busy so about 10-12 days before I get a call back, which would probably only be more questions and trouble shooting once again delaying a simple exchange.

I have another unit at my office so I swapped them out, (face plate with charge cable) Works fine. This eliminates any concerns with wiring or voltage being input into the wall connector. Obviously the unit is bad but still need to jump through all the hoops to get a diagnosis and eventual replacement. Will keep you posted on how long this actually takes before they give me a replacement/fix.

Decided to simply place an order for a new one and sort this out with them as the alternative is going to take a couple of weeks at best and that is only if they have wall connectors in stock at that time. Luckily they had stock when I placed the order last night. Worse case scenario is I will have a spare wall connector.

I plugged in my 110v unit that came with the car last evening, got a whopping 8% put back in after about 12hrs time. 48% to 56%) Just way too slow for my needs as my wife will probably burn up 35-40% of that today.

These people are confused. Have not yet sent in any of the photos they asked for however just got a prepaid return label. Not complaining, just trying to understand as it does not make much sense. Best guess is someone verified the conversation and made a proper educated decision. Regardless, the final decision is 100% correct.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: DerbyDave