Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen3 Wall Connector Update Firmware Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed Gen 3 wall connector and the current software version it displays as 21.29.2. When I click on button "CHECK FOR UPDATE" it throws error "Unable to contact the server. Please check the device internet connectivity and try again"

I also tried to upload the firmware file manually while connect to Wi-Fi of Wall connector, the internet connection breaks after 2 mins and it cannot upload the file.

I'm using netgear Orbi RBR750 router.

Any tips to resolve this issue is highly appreciated!

Just for reference, the ability to limit charging to only a Tesla, or specific Tesla cars, as well as power sharing between Wall Connectors were delivered via a firmware update. But nothing new since those two that I am aware of.
OK, but it's on my private ground. And I keep it unplugged (via a Wifi controlled grid power meter which shows me the real power consumption).I wished it would replace my power meter and let me control the real power usage - for any car plugged in, but this is not realistic to come in a future update.

Upvote 0
When connecting the wall connector to your home router note that, generally, Mesh networks do not work. You will need to setup a dedicated SID. Also, for that network, it must be 2.4 Ghz and not 5 Ghz.

Not really sure what you are doing for the manual update (you really don’t need to do manual updates unless you have no WiFi at your home). Check out this link, if you have not already done so:

so cannot use a hotspot on my phone to connect to the wall charger? I do this to update the cars firmware.

Upvote 0