TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Generac bought Neurio?

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by Shygar, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Shygar

Shygar Member

Generac Announces Acquisition of Neurio Technology Inc.

I just happened to look through my apps on my phone and noticed one called PWR View. Checked and it was my Neurio app. Then got an email from Generac and found this out.

Not sure if this means anything but I was a little surprised to find it.

2. miimura

miimura Well-Known Member

• Informative x 1
  3. miimura

Now I wonder if Tesla's Gateway 2 has gone away from Neurio and whether they will also migrate North American installations away from Neurio devices in the Gateway.

4. Shygar

Shygar Member

Yea that made me wonder too. Especially if they are in the battery business.

Surprised Tesla doesn't just build their own sensor. They like to vertically integrate things in their business, seems a sensor like this would be pretty straight forward to make.

5. Alto Nimbus

Alto Nimbus Member

I have a new Powerwall installation, would it be useful for me to install and configure the Neurio apps?

6. miimura

I doubt it. I think the Neurio device is paired to the Tesla Gateway, so the data will be going to Tesla, not Neurio. You should be able to see everything in the Tesla app. after it's fully commissioned.

7. Shygar

Shygar Member

I have two houses, one with a Powerwall and one without. I bought my own Neurio to monitor the house without a Powerwall, so that's why I have the app. Neurio provides more info like measuring specific appliance usage, but I don't think you could access that from the Tesla version.

8. Unofficial

Unofficial Member

The next gateway won't have neurio as the meter.
    If you are thinking about a meter for your loads, I really like sense - much better than neurio. It detects loads and names them and the install is easier.

9. Alto Nimbus

Alto Nimbus Member

Thank you

10. NuShrike

NuShrike Member

It's kinda awful.

Generac also broke IFTTT <-> Neurio integration 2 days ago. No timeline when it's ever coming back.

So much for the recent survey Neurio put out and version 2 of their app with more crowd-sourced features. Just get a reskinned app with the same functionality, except history (on the app) has been broken for long while.

I'm have to write a new-script to automate what I lost. At least the Neurio device (now at version 1.5.2) has a local APi to query, for now.

11. Shygar

Shygar Member

12. miimura

• Like x 1
  13. Shygar

Shygar Member

Yep, which should get the cost down. I think it could be interesting. Was talking to my dad about it and he actually wants one battery and one generator, so guessing a system like this could easily hook into both. Of course he really wants a powerwall but they aren't in his remote area yet.