Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General California charging discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so extra 20kw from 7 to 25% or so assuming the curve has to start earlier to hit 250kw at 30%. not life changing amount of time difference.

but on the 4680s i think it'll hold 270kw until deep into the pack. 50% is my hope.
That would be nice but I wouldn’t pitch a fit if they adopted an etron-like curve and went 200KW to 70-75%.

Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney
I supercharge every few days, its not the time to charge(sams club gas took 30 mins anyways), its the frequency since my prius prime went 500 miles lol. Having a faster speed up to say 70% would be great
Even when we still had a permanent ICE vehicle our Sam’s club rarely had a line (Costco did) and their gas sucked anyway. The ethanol free station was close enough so just went there.

I don’t mind sitting at a supercharger for half an hour doing some light work on my tablet but past that it starts to get old. I just want beefier charge curves like that of the etron…

Costco out here is about 20-25c cheaper than your average Arco/Valero pump (4-5%).

If one is lucky enough to have a home charger, the time saving of not spending 15mns + every Saturday at the Costco pump is significant, even with a few road trips throughout the year. The other point is that spending 30mns at a SC is a lot more enjoyable than lining up at the Costco gas station.

Yeah, I agree. In my 30+ years as a Costco member my nearest one has never had gas, but in one 4-year period my office was a mile down the road from a Costco with gas. Now I'm the worst sort of deal-hunter to the extent I buy too much junk at 50-70% off that I don't really need. For gas I knew where the cheap gas was in every neighborhood, what the difference from Costco was, what the credit card surcharge was, what ARCO's $0.30 debit card fee worked out to per gallon I needed to fill up....

But with all that, it was only worth filling up at Costco when I knew I could go from the office during mid-afternoon hours when the line was short (three cars or less per lane (two pumps per lane). Which was really infrequent, as typical savings I recall was $0.15 x 20 = $3.00, if I could go when my tank was nearly empty. I get that it was a significant savings for the large SUV's that had huge tanks to fill up, but never understood the small sedans, or the other drivers that clearly were only filling up <10 gallons. Sure, if you compare it to any random Shell/Chevron, it might be a big savings, but if folks just used an app like Gasbuddy, they'd realize they could fill up elsewhere for total of $1-2 more than Costco, without waiting 30 minutes... There are also so many other ways every day to save $1-2 on something, that take far less than 30 minutes.

Reactions: ElectricIAC