Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General chit-chat in "For Sale" threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you read the for sale threads here? I'm not taking any sides on this (Literally no comment on any pricing) but people here are vicious towards sellers.
This is a massively inaccurate statement. People are only vicious to delusional sellers that want as much for their used car as Tesla asks for their new cars. As long as you consider what current Tesla pricing is and adjust your used car price according to deprecation and usage, then there is no issue. Too many sellers refuse to acknowledge that prices change and base their price off old no longer relevant MSRPs. You end up with listings were someone will list a 2018 Model 3 w/ 6k miles for $47.5k, when a brand new one today from Tesla is $48k. Or a 2016 MS P100DL w/ 34k miles for $105k, when a brand new 2019 P100DL w/ FSD is $105k.

Again, the price does not need to be low, it just needs to be reasonable. As long as you understand what the concept of deprecation is, you will not have a problem listing here.

As long as they aren’t trying to drive a price down further, you won’t have a problem.

They’ll tell you to use Tesla’s trade in as a baseline too, which is 30%-40% under actual market value.

Pretty interesting. There’s a trend.

Why not just trade it in at that point... at least then you don’t have to go through the trolls who hamper private sales. If you owned a market share in a multi billion dollar industry, you’d probably say paying a couple trolls would be money well spent.

Very interesting, but bad for the community.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: JamesBrown
As long as they aren’t trying to drive a price down further, you won’t have a problem.

They’ll tell you to use Tesla’s trade in as a baseline too, which is 30%-40% under actual market value.

Pretty interesting. There’s a trend.

Why not just trade it in at that point... at least then you don’t have to go through the trolls who hamper private sales. If you owned a market share in a multi billion dollar industry, you’d probably say paying a couple trolls would be money well spent.

Very interesting, but bad for the community.
You do not have any rights whatsoever to talk about market value. You priced a car vastly over market value and used a fake Vroom offers to manipulate buyers into believing your valuation was legitimate. Then you started PMing cease and desist orders to everyone that pointed out your Vroom offer was not legitimate. You actively tried to scam members with false information and manipulation. You are the prime example of everything that is wrong with this forum and scammers do not get a voice here. You should have been banned for your scamming attempts.

People say check Tesla trade in value as the very low end of what you can expect, meaning you should never accept anything less. It does not mean you should price your car at that value. NADA/KBB would be the extreme high end, Tesla trade in would be the extreme low end. When you have both pieces of information, you can more accurately price your car somewhere in the middle.

I am in the market for a used Model 3. Relatively new to the Forums as I just joined yesterday. However I have been reading many of your opinions/threads as a non member for the last few months as I decided between used S and newer year used 3. For example, I learned so much about the V1, V2, V3 batteries in a S90D and I would have NEVER know that without this forum. Many Tesla owners are rightly proud of their vehicles and from somebody who used to work in the car sales business this is true of most people trading in their cars. Everyone feels their car is perfect and should be worth more.

I appreciate the discourse in the marketplace when people are called out for having their price too high. Certainly it should never be rude conversation or name calling but simply typing "did you know you can get a new one for the same price" is a very helpful reminder for me and often can help folks in their buying decision as a used car does not come with a full warranty.

JamesBrown I have been very pleased reading many of your comments in various marketplace ads as they are usually spot on (in my opinion), never rude, and always providing information for potential buyers relative to your opinion on the posters pricing.

Really enjoying this forum and looking forward to becoming a Tesla owner VERY SOON. Thanks for reading.

Interesting post^

For sale: Whatever you want

As a new member, you should know that if you have questions about pricing, the seller’s thread is not the place to discuss.

There are a couple great forums, either privately with the Original Poster via Private Message, message someone you think is smart on the subject, or start your own discussion thread in reference to the car you’re interested in.

This process gives mutual respect to all parties involved and allows a potential buyer to learn the market, discuss and then offer privately.

At least that’s how I’ve seen it done in other forums that treat people with dignity and respect. They also ban members who continuously harass, troll and defame other members’ character.

———

With that being said, Jamesbrown, enough is enough. Stop your harassment and toxic behavior. It’s not worth it, members deserve respect and the community deserves better. Hopefully you didn’t make a new membership to back yourself. That’d be ridiculous. The syntax is a bit off, I’d clean it up next time. Cool scam.

Speaking of scams, I wonder how much they’re paying for folks to troll these sale threads. Must be per post or maybe per TESLA that gets traded in instead of sold privately. Brilliant strategy. Do you get a bonus per sale thread that you’ve trashed?

Last edited:
Reactions: Don TLR
Disagree all you want AWD>. I am not in any WAY, SHAPE or FORM tied to JamesBrown. I am simply a person who recently started looking for a used Tesla.

I have read many of his posts and they are human and possibly knee-jerk replies to people calling him out. Certainly he has some posts that are rude and of the personal attack flavor, which I don't condone. That does not change my opinion of the reminders he provides when people post crazy prices for their vehicles.

I don't appreciate your personal attack on me by calling my account fake and "the syntax is a bit off". This is a forum for discussion and opinions. I will type in slang, run on sentences or any other TyPe of graMMar, up to and including, random uses of periods/commas/quotes and/or but not limited to an exclamation point! I am now triggered and need a room to cry in to make myself feel better...as this seems to be the go to these days (sorry for my weird syntax using three periods in a row and I hope you won't hold it against me).

You have just stooped to the "toxic behavior" level you accuse others of by referencing my syntax.

NOT Very welcoming as a new member to read an attack on my grammar and my opinion on DAY 2.

**Notice in this post I didn't say anything about you personally or accuse you of being a scammer**

Happy forum reading!

• Disagree
Reactions: Super_Popular
Very convincing...:rolleyes: I’m sure jamesbrown will believe you.

Nice attempt to offset though. I recommend you read my post again for the key points.
Very telling of your personality. A new member openly tells you that your behavior and attitude was toxic towards them and rather than being an adult and owing up to it, you skirt responsibility.

You continually refuse to accept responsibility for you own actions. Even when it was discovered you were using an illegitimate Vroom offer to scam members, you never once apologized. Still to this day, you never owned up to your actions. Instead, you blamed everyone else for being "toxic" by pointing out your actions. That is the sad sad nature of the issue. You don't feel any guilt or responsibility for your actions.

• Disagree
Reactions: Super_Popular
AWD> I have no interest in getting involved in your beef with JamesBrown. He is more than capable of handling himself and doesn't need a fake account to respond. Don't think I've actually ever seen him shy away from a response directed towards him in the posts I've seen him active on.

What I do have interest in: You calling me a scammer and discussing my syntax (big words always make a person sound smarter). This sort of discourse is why I joined 3 days ago and not 2 months ago. Filtering through the bickering between a small percentage of active members is EXHAUSTING. I joined because I found a couple vehicles that I needed to send PMs to with interest. Now that I'm on day 3 I'm beginning to think I have a better chance at non-toxic discourse by running for Congress/Sentate. They don't really yell at each other directly and simply yell towards the media cameras about each other...slightly less personal in a round a bout way o_O

I'll give you a little hint but I doubt you'll take the feedback. I have responded to a few other posts since joining and I would encourage you to read those. Perhaps you will change your mind, man/woman up and PLEASE JUST SIMPLY leave me out of this personal beef with JamesBrown...but I'm not holding my breath.

Very telling of your personality. A new member openly tells you that your behavior and attitude was toxic towards them and rather than being an adult and owing up to it, you skirt responsibility.

You continually refuse to accept responsibility for you own actions. Even when it was discovered you were using an illegitimate Vroom offer to scam members, you never once apologized. Still to this day, you never owned up to your actions. Instead, you blamed everyone else for being "toxic" by pointing out your actions. That is the sad sad nature of the issue. You don't feel any guilt or responsibility for your actions.
I think JamesBrown is off of his meds. No life no Tesla no friends.

First time I have ever had someone ridicule me for doing due diligence before a large purchase. This forum sure has some unique characters.

You do not own a tesla nor will you buy one at ANYONES asking price. Not tesla's, Not KBB's, Not NADA, Not any member here selling any vehicle they have. Is this a fact or am I lying. Answer this and I swear I'll leave you alone.

You do not own a tesla nor will you buy one at ANYONES asking price. Not tesla's, Not KBB's, Not NADA, Not any member here selling any vehicle they have. Is this a fact or am I lying. Answer this and I swear I'll leave you alone.
With 40% of your post history dedicated to just me, I have a hard time believe you will ever leave me alone kiddo. But as already answered on several occasions, I do not own a Tesla...hence why I am in a FOR SALE section looking at used Teslas. I am definitely not here for your bubbly personality and borderline stalking. No, I will not pay an asking price that I feel is too high. I attempted to buy 2 CPO vehicles but someone else was able to reserve them before me. I have made 11 offers (3 here, 4 on ebay, 2 on onlyusedtesla) that have all been within 10-20% depreciation schedules depending on wear and features. At this point none have been accepted and I am still looking. Now that I have answered your question (again) can you please stop stalking me?

With 40% of your post history dedicated to just me, I have a hard time believe you will ever leave me alone kiddo. But as already answered on several occasions, I do not own a Tesla...hence why I am in a FOR SALE section looking at used Teslas. I am definitely not here for your bubbly personality and borderline stalking. No, I will not pay an asking price that I feel is too high. I attempted to buy 2 CPO vehicles but someone else was able to reserve them before me. I have made 11 offers (3 here, 4 on ebay, 2 on onlyusedtesla) that have all been within 10-20% depreciation schedules depending on wear and features. At this point none have been accepted and I am still looking. Now that I have answered your question (again) can you please stop stalking me?

Shut up bum