Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General chit-chat in "For Sale" threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am so intrigued to know what is wrong with this M3 to be a lemon with so few miles. Plus the low VIN means, if I am not mistaken, that it was one of the cars originally sold to Tesla employees...

I wish I lived closer to check it out.

Used Tesla Model 3 for Sale in Los Angeles, CA - CarGurus

By law, in all states that I am aware of, a seller (and all subsequent sellers) have to include the "lemon disclosure" for the car. Just ask the seller for that, they have to provide it.

I have a "lemon" P3D and it was bought back because of a "fit and finish" problem, which turned out to be a door ding put in the car prior to delivery.

That listing is about at market value for a LR RWD Model 3, although the pics indicate it may have Enhanced Autopilot activated on it (take photos, Tesla turned off EAP on my car after it was sold to me from a dealer - I'm still fighting them on this). You should have some negotiating room should you decide to pursue it.

• Informative
Reactions: Vinc
Just a week ago all used X came with free SC. Now only the 90s and 100s have them.

I did not specify I was talking about the X
Gotcha. Honestly free supercharging comes and goes with no real consistency. Some periods of time have almost everything with it, some times it vanishes completely. I can't figure out any pattern, it's probably some algorithm. I thought that in times of excess used inventory that they might bring it back to get rid of some of it, but often that's when it's rarely listed.

Lots of examples also of people buying because it was listed on the page, only to discover it was stripped on delivery. Not sure what to say, but it seems like a dice-roll these days regardless.

It's the same with other things too. See premium connectivity. Free unlimited seems to be coming and going randomly.

Free supercharging, connectivity, customer service, general build quality shouldn't be a prerequisite for anyone wanting to drive a Tesla.

I think it may be supply and demand. Last quarter there seemed to be a lot of used X. Plus it was end of the year, so it may have been an incentive to sell the x with free supercharging. Over noticed that the last few weeks, it’s been very limited on inventory. but who knows. ??

delete evcpo.png
I've been getting almost daily notices from ev-cpo regarding Model Xs that fit my search filter. This could be the deluge of inventory I've been waiting for! I did note, Tesla has been pulling inventory, putting it back, and then pulling it again. I've seen ZERO discounts until today, ranging between $300-$400 for mid-70s MX 90D and 75Ds.

Hoping in the next couple of months I can close on one. Hard to go private sale when Tesla is selling for less and with a warranty.

Last edited:
Reactions: byeLT4
View attachment 501798 I've been getting almost daily notices from ev-cpo regarding Model Xs that fit my search filter. This could be the deluge of inventory I've been waiting for! I did note, Tesla has been pulling inventory, putting it back, and then pulling it again. I've seen ZERO discounts until today, ranging between $300-$400 for mid-70s MX 90D and 75Ds.

Hoping in the next couple of months I can close on one. Hard to go private sale when Tesla is selling for less and with a warranty.
Maybe buyers are putting deposits down so tesla removes them from the list. Comes delivery day, maybe they aren’t up to the buyers standard causing it to go back into inventory. Just my guess.
I did see a lot of good priced MX... but they didn’t last on the site long.

I would have thought that was also the source of churn, but I did some searching of past alerts and the VIN #s are only showing up once. This is very promising. Just need prices to come down a bit. I'm finding a fairly loaded late model 2016/early 2017 90D MX with FSD is around $72K not including delivery. Fingers crossed for mid-60's if not lower.

ive seen lots of 2016/17 MXs for private sale that appear to be in demand than 2018 MXs. on onlyusedtesla they are even about the same price as the 2018 cars.

personally driving some X's from the last few years I've definitely noticed improvements in drive/suspension etc in newer 2018/early 2019 cars versus the older 2016/17 cars -- interesting to see that hasn't been a big motivator for newer MXs.

Hi, I wanted to know what you all think about this deal that I am negotiating for a P3D from a private dealer in Atlanta. Car built in Oct 2018, has about 9K miles on it. Has FSD already purchased but Tesla has not done the upgrade at the service center yet. It has white interior and exterior, Premium audio and Premium interior w/ heated rear seats, homelink, 20" wheels. Here is the big caveat...it has a branded title as lemon/buyback. The dealer sent me the certified paperwork from Tesla showing that it had "3 repeat repairs for traction control alerts" and that it was repaired by replacing the steering column rack. This paperwork is signed 01/09/2020. Do you think this is a good deal at $48,500? I also need to but a new wall charger which appears to be about $500 since the car does not have one with it. I drove it today and took it to the Tesla Service Center and they confirmed all of this and printed out the paperwork. The dealer was not aware that the car had FSD enabled so they are not negotiating any further than the $48,500. Also, it has a feature listed as "SC00 - No access to Supercharger Network". I assume that means Supercharging is not included but I can still use them once an account is registered and car is transferred to me...anyone know for sure? Thanks for your advice!

Attachments

• Model S CarFax.pdf
    1,019.5 KB · Views: 45
Verify that it supercharges (get a dated video at a supercharger or something). Usually when Tesla validates a car and gives updates, etc. they turn off supercharging.

I would also get a close-up picture of the software screen, so you can determine the exact software revision that the car is running. That will give you a pretty good idea if it is still getting updates (although these pre-autopilot cars don't get many updates these days).

The price is pretty good.

EDIT - I see the additional pics in the CL listing. It shows supercharging, but the rate is really slow at 20kw.

Reactions: Meeshkra
I found this 2013 Model S 60 for sale. It has a rebuilt title, but the owner says that a Tesla Certified Shop repaired it and that it has gone through the re-certification process so it can supercharge, receive updates, and get serviced. Just over 51,000 miles, and he is asking $25,990. Carfax is attached. Is that a fair price?

Cars.com listing: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/800708120/overview/
Craigslist listing: 2013 Tesla model S white color. 210 mile range

also check what the true range is now. a tesla that old is somewhat rare nowadays and practical battery life degradation is worth checking. it is possible the true usable range is now less than 200 miles

Reactions: Meeshkra
What's the difference between "Tan Leather" and "Tan Prem Pkg"? All the cars in my filter include Premium Upgrade Package (PUP). Cutting to the chase, did synthetic leather (my preference for durability) only come in white?

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 502772
I'm new here, but this method for searching for sale vehicles is what I have been hoping for. Can you point me to where I can find this form of For Sale information?