Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General chit-chat in "For Sale" threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The FSD description has always been the issue. "Capable" does not mean "has it" in my book, but sometimes they are FSD activated... You'd have to call Tesla maybe?
Yeah, I'm completely unsure. I was referencing this site: https://tesla-api.timdorr.com/vehicle/optioncodes
1635905521719.png

Or member post here: AutoPilot options on 2018 Inventory - APFB and APBS
I can tell you that on 2019 vehicles:
APFB = Full Self-Driving Capability (but not paid for/unlocked)
APF2 = Full Self-Driving Capability (paid for and unlocked)

I've continued down the purchase path, and requested the customer service team email the hub that has the car to check if possible. I don't really expect a response and will just have to see when the car shows up.

Tesla confirmed via window sticker it has FSD purchased. So 2019 Midnight Silver Model S Long Range Raven with FSD and 21" twin turbines and premium upgrades for $76k before taxes/fees.

Seems like a decent deal to me in the current market.

FindMyElectric posting a generic message in everyone's sale thread is excessive. I understand they are a vendor and is probably supporting the website and community. I think a fair compromise would be to allow their marketing thread to be stickied in the forum.
Hey there dkexige! Thanks for providing some feedback. Although that's actually incorrect, we appreciate you taking the time to voice your opinion!

We're also working to provide useful answers as well about valuations, market trends, etc.--and we've had good feedback about that thus far.

We've actually asked TMC for a sticky thread, but they're concerned that a sticky would look "too commercial," so it's probably good for them to hear your feedback!

Also--don't be shy--you can reach out to us *directly* at anytime with feedback (good or bad). Our goal is to support the TMC community while providing a great service! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Appreciate the not-too-defensive response. Your team's earlier posts were on cars that were clearly already sold as well. That's very not-constructive IMO.

The posts the last few days have been better, but still rather excessive.
Thanks again for the feedback!

As we were new to the forum and learning the ropes of navigating it, there might've been one or two posts commented on that were sold--this was definitely by mistake, and not intentional.

Sometimes, it's easy to get lost in a mess of comments--even for techie nerds like us. As other users have mentioned, it would be awesome if TMC added a clearer way to immediately see that listings were sold!

And like we mentioned before--our goal is to support TMC financially--which is what allows you to have a forum--it's spendy to keep it running, dontcha know (said in our Minnesota accent, of course) AND to help add to the community in a positive way! And so far, the feedback we've received has been overwhelmingly positive!

We don't just want to help users learn about a new way to buy and sell Teslas at Find My Electric, but we want to answer user questions about pricing, market trends, and anything related to buying and selling a Tesla! We have tons of data on the market and want to be an awesome resource for everyone! :)

Our willingness to help is the reason that we're the only used Tesla/EV site that has a phone number where you can call and get a real live person!

Believe it or not, sometimes people call up just to chat about Tesla, vent about a problem with their Model 3/S, or to get our opinion on something Tesla-related--and not to buy anything at all, ha! Some people might call that excessive, but we love hearing from customers ;)

So, if anyone reading this has questions about buying and selling a Tesla, the market, or just want to chat about Tesla in general--feel free to reach out, we're Tesla nerds through-and-through, and love interfacing and helping people! Whether it's on the TMC forums or directly with us, we're here to help!

FindMyElectric posting a generic message in everyone's sale thread is excessive. I understand they are a vendor and is probably supporting the website and community. I think a fair compromise would be to allow their marketing thread to be stickied in the forum.
Thanks for bringing this up, and yes, your assessment that those messages were generic and excessive is correct. There was clearly a misunderstanding on the Vendor's part, and I have manually removed most of such posts. I apologize for how this may have negatively affected the quality of the forums, and will work to make sure the Vendor understands going forward.

Thanks Danny and FindMyElectric! Appreciate both the staff and the vendor community taking feedback with a positive attitude! This is definitely what has helped TMC build the best and most active tesla community online.

Reactions: danny
As discussed in other threads, Tesla does NOT support order transfers (with lower prices). There is a workaround but no guarantee that Tesla won't cancel your order. No buyer should pre-pay for any reservation.

VIN transfers are supported by Tesla but that means the new buyer pays current prices.

As discussed in other threads, Tesla does NOT support order transfers (with lower prices). There is a workaround but no guarantee that Tesla won't cancel your order. No buyer should pre-pay for any reservation.

VIN transfers are supported by Tesla but that means the new buyer pays current prices.
I called customer service and they told me it is possible.