Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General chit-chat in "For Sale" threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He did what I did when I bought my 100D from Tesla and resold it 4 months later: I covered the price, the upgrades, taxes and registration in my sales price. I'm not running a charity. As far as "a reasonable delivery time" seems like March 2023 is a long time to wait.
March 2023? You can get a Performance Y delivered in 2 months. February 2022 according to Tesla’s order page. So let’s do the math, $65,990 is what his car is worth according to Tesla brand new. The tax credit would knock this down to $57,990. So he wants someone to pay $14,000 extra for a used Y that he’s been driving around in?

March 2023? You can get a Performance Y delivered in 2 months. February 2022 according to Tesla’s order page. So let’s do the math, $65,990 is what his car is worth according to Tesla brand new. The tax credit would knock this down to $57,990. So he wants someone to pay $14,000 extra for a used Y that he’s been driving around in?
Fair points. The tax is what makes it tough. I could see someone paying "retail" for a slightly used MYP now, but with the looming tax credit, I bet some people are waiting. Should be interesting because IF it passes, everyone will flood the system and it will be Aug before you could get a MYP. Then people won't want to wait, then people will pay. It's a viscous cycle. Ha

Reactions: UCF3
Which you can't get til November 2022. I have already been offered $65k. 2021's have regularly been selling for 64-67k. If you buy from inventory they force you to pay $10,000 for FSD.
Haha someone offered you $65k when they could have a Performance Y delivered by Tesla in 50 days for $64k?

And with the tax credit this becomes $56k

So people can post Tesla orders/cars for sale at ridiculous valuations and no one is allowed to point out how ridiculous those asking prices are? People are getting scammed and no one seems to care?
Don’t dig it anymore than you do but you gotta let the market decide what is fair and if someone wants to pay some opportunist a markup rather than Tesla then that’s their prerogative..

Reactions: FindMyElectric
Which you can't get til November 2022. I have already been offered $65k. 2021's have regularly been selling for 64-67k. If you buy from inventory they force you to pay $10,000 for FSD.
I've heard FSD can be removed on those cars one step further. Can also make changes like add tow hitches, etc.

It's then just a lightly used demo car with a few hundred miles for MSRP.

Reactions: voxel