Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General chit-chat in "For Sale" threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just an idea, but I'm looking to upgrade my 2016 Model S 60D (delivered September 1st with refreshed front) 7k miles to a 90D ideally with every option the same (AP1, sun roof, premium interior, refreshed front).

What in your opinion would be the best route to take to make that happen? Private trade + cash? Private sell + buy new? Sell back to Tesla + buy new?

Just an idea, but I'm looking to upgrade my 2016 Model S 60D (delivered September 1st with refreshed front) 7k miles to a 90D ideally with every option the same (AP1, sun roof, premium interior, refreshed front).

What in your opinion would be the best route to take to make that happen? Private trade + cash? Private sell + buy new? Sell back to Tesla + buy new?

Depends on a lot of things. How is your state on vehicle tax? Here in Texas it is 6.25% but if you trade in you get to deduct your trade in from the new vehicle price. Could add up to a decent amount. A private sale should net you more, and there aren't too many facelift CPOs available right now so you may have an advantage there. I think that is really hurting older models right now, the CPO prices are very competitive.

Reactions: SG57
b) Any recommendations on how to get a 3rd party inspection from an agency that knows about teslas? I know there are several large agencies (Lemonsquad, etc), but I'm concerned that they would not know what to look for in a Tesla. Do you all agree that I need to look for someone who specializes more? And how would I go about finding one?

Does anyone have experience with these third party inspection companies, specifically with respect to Teslas? I am thinking about a purchase from private party located in California (I am in Florida), where I would have a third party inspect and then a third party transport the car to me.

Question.. is getting a 2013 CPO much much better than a 2012? What's the difference?

As an owner of a fully loaded 2012 P85, I don't think so. The only things you're missing out on would be the parking sensors and power folding mirrors (late 2013 addition), but honestly with the awesome backup camera on the MS the lack of parking sensors doesn't really matter that much. The one thing worth the money on the older MS is upgrading the 3G connection to LTE (~$500), it makes using the center screen experience SO MUCH better.

If you live in a metro area than parking sensors and folding mirrors are a most. If you live in the burbs and dont go to a metro area than those things will not matter. Living in downtown Portland I would not own a car without sensors and folding mirrors.

I just don't understand how TX Auto direct on Ebay has such high reserves on Teslas. CPO telsas are going for the same price WITH warranty.

I never see them sold, just relisted... I would hope they would price under CPO because they're as-is.

Guess I'll stick to watching ev-cpo...

Reactions: byeLT4
Is there any place to post nice "deals" we find while shopping, which aren't cars we're interested in but might be a very appealing buy for another member?

Case in point, I found this 2015 P85D for $54,000 for sale in New Jersey. I know nothing of the company selling it. They do seem to get good reviews though, from a quick search.

Payless Auto Trader

It's not the color I want, I don't want 21" wheels, and it's a bit more than I'm ready to spend right now. But looks like a great price.