Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General chit-chat in "For Sale" threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks, first post here.

I'm in the market for a used Model X. My primary requirement is that it be a performance model -- Ludicrous is icing on the cake. I found this model on the Tesla website. It appears to be a great deal, especially when factoring in the extended warranty. Can you all give me your opinion?
2016 Model X | Tesla

All the best on our MX search. FYI did you check with your insurance company on the cost of a Performance model? I have Amica and not only are Tesla’s on the higher side to insure, but Performance models are an extra $1,000/year.

Not trying to discourage you as I haven’t completely ruled out a Performance series. I just want you to be aware.

The used car market is brutal right now on used Tesla not much out there and with the battery issues on the older models do your homework. I have a 2015 s that had the battery replaced due to range reduction and charging speed. Now its fixed with new battery but be forwarned to ask lots of questions.

Yes but folks are having issues with older ones only charging part way and slower charging speeds. Tesla is not covering replacements for degradation but the reduction is due to a software limit Tesla is putting on older batteries.

Is it just me or are the P3Ds not only barely depreciating, but selling privately EXTREMELY fast? I'm looking for white/white, two popped up nationwide in the past week, one sold in two days and the other sold in one. It's crazy.

I can see why. I've NEVER had a car that was this much fun, and this much value for the money. And I would have said that before Track Mode V2 was released. That software just made it that much better!!!

Looks like Tesla is dumping a ton of used to Texas Direct. They usually have around 5-10 Teslas on hand at once but the number jumped to 20, 40 and now 63 available over the past few days.... P90D with Ludi for 57k currently seems to be the best deal IMO.

Looks like Tesla is dumping a ton of used to Texas Direct. They usually have around 5-10 Teslas on hand at once but the number jumped to 20, 40 and now 63 available over the past few days.... P90D with Ludi for 57k currently seems to be the best deal IMO.
I've seen a few P85D/P90Ds private party as well recently that all things considered are pretty affordable (well under 60k). You can find a 2015 P85/90D cheaper than a 2018 P3D. Interesting how enormous the difference is on their depreciation curves.

I've seen a few P85D/P90Ds private party as well recently that all things considered are pretty affordable (well under 60k). You can find a 2015 P85/90D cheaper than a 2018 P3D. Interesting how enormous the difference is on their depreciation curves.

Objectively speaking, except in a straight line, the P3D drives so much better. Just my 0.02.

Reactions: BGDDYKWL
What are the chances that I would find anyone willing to trade their LR AWD model 3 for my LR RWD, with me adding cash on top? I've been mulling over trading my car in, but tesla did not give me a good price. And I know I can just go the private route, but that's a more painstaking process, so I was curious about this.

What are the chances that I would find anyone willing to trade their LR AWD model 3 for my LR RWD, with me adding cash on top? I've been mulling over trading my car in, but tesla did not give me a good price. And I know I can just go the private route, but that's a more painstaking process, so I was curious about this.

But that color is so nice. Boy, I wish they’d bring it back.

Reactions: P-Lo801
There is a saveable “Configuration Garage” tab in the EV-CPO site if you’re a subscriber. Well worth the money.

Tesla back to marking down and occasionally marking up cars as I’m getting alerts again.

Attachments

• F113CCD4-334D-42C3-A02C-5DFB3559906B.jpeg
    F113CCD4-334D-42C3-A02C-5DFB3559906B.jpeg
    244.2 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: EV-CPO and byeLT4