Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General chit-chat in "For Sale" threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seeing substantial ($4,000+ in one night) drops in P100s last night. I've been in the market for a MX since March 2019. I find myself getting a little greedy. Do I go for the P90Ds that are now in my price range, or hold out a little longer for a P100D? Decisions decisions decisions :-O

Attachments

• delete 2 mx.png
    delete 2 mx.png
    87.3 KB · Views: 103
  • delete MX price drop.png
    delete MX price drop.png
    154.2 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: byeLT4
Seeing substantial ($4,000+ in one night) drops in P100s last night. I've been in the market for a MX since March 2019. I find myself getting a little greedy. Do I go for the P90Ds that are now in my price range, or hold out a little longer for a P100D? Decisions decisions decisions :-O

The auctions are getting flooded with lease returns and other vehicles and there is simply no demand from buyers. While the Tesla market is relatively small, all boats rise and fall essentially together. Add in the fact that the Model Y will cannibalize sales from across the Tesla product line and there’s no denying softness in the used Tesla marketplace.

So sellers who need to sell are simply reducing their price until they find a floor. This will continue unfortunately for some time.

Fear of an Impending Car-Price Collapse Grips Auto Industry

Reactions: BGDDYKWL
john85775, WHAT AN ARTICLE!

“Six months from now, there will be huge, if not unprecedented, levels of wholesale supply in the market,” Dale Pollak, an executive vice president of Cox Automotive, which owns North America’s largest auto-auction company, wrote in an open letter to auto dealers last week. “Cars are coming in, but they aren’t selling. Today’s huge supply of wholesale inventory suggests supplies will be even larger in the months ahead.”

My pool of Model Xs to pick from drying up fast. I've got to assume it's because lease turn-in inventory is getting processed and is backing up. I won't be able to purchase a MX until 1st of May so either I'm going to strike gold, or am screwed as I'm presently car-less. On the upside looking like a MX 100D or even P100D will be attainable.

Patience is your friend right now.

I listed our Raven MX for $2k over the same offer as was provided by Carmax. No bites for 6 days. Dumped it at Carmax 2 days before they shut down.

The other factor is many folks wrote off the Model Y when the pre-production model was presented — it was frankly underwhelming.

Once they resume production full tilt, I expect MX pricing to take another leg down.

Reactions: jacqueusi
I've seen prices on used S P100Ds drop considerably the last few months on Tesla's used site. Many actually disappear and pop back up a few weeks later, usually at a higher price, only to drop back down again. My only concern is Tesla wanting to move inventory and selling to a 3rd party. There were several 2020 P3D models at Vroom for 52k with as little as 200 miles, they all showed 'sale pending' when I looked or I might have gone that route vs the used S. If they are dumping new inventory that way, I'm sure they will sell their used cars once it reaches a certain price.

I wish ev-cpo would rename the site to ev-po or something similar but accurate. Probably a lot of confusion regarding "certified" starts from there.

On the question above, I would predict that prices on Tesla used cars won't go that low just yet. You may have some luck with private sales with very high mileage cars.

• Disagree
Reactions: PhilDavid
I wish ev-cpo would rename the site to ev-po or something similar but accurate. Probably a lot of confusion regarding "certified" starts from there.

The problem is that EV-CPO has tremendous SEO and most everyone knows the site and the name since 2015. It's not exactly a "household name" but within the Tesla community, it is pretty well known.

But when I launched the mobile friendly site, I attempted to address that by using EV-TSLA.com instead. You can access EV-CPO the same way here: EV-TSLA.com/hunter

If more people start to use and link that URL instead, that will build up the SEO for that domain instead, and maybe at some point in the future, I can retire EV-CPO, but that's not likely for quite a long time.

Looking for a sounding board and I think this is the right place.

I have a June 2019 SR+ in blue, 9500 miles, not FSD, not dual motor. Overall great shape other than a couple of scratches on the passenger door and a tiny scrape on the bottom of the front airdam. 18" wheels are all perfect. Like many, I am working from home and not using the car at all. My registration renewal is > $500 due in June.

I have been wondering about selling it, thinking I could a) use that money to get a performance model, since they are now found in the high 40s/low 50s range, or b) investing that money and picking up a Y later this year.

I went online to see what kind of values are offered. Carmax was the only one to give me an actual offer and appraisal of $33k, Tesla offered 30k on tradein. At first glance I think both numbers are too low, but I also see people trying to sell SR+ above 40k which doesn't seem realistic.

So... keep it or sell it? What's a fair price? And is anyone looking for a SR+?

I've got a question for all you car sale experts out there. I bought a Model 3 recently because I've always wanted one and I love it. But now because of the virus, my work is taking me out of the country for who knows how long. My state DMV has been closed and will be until further notice because of the pandemic, so I couldn't get the title transferred to my name yet.

Now that I'm needing to sell the car asap before I move, what would be the way to do that? I know that the easy way it to "ghost title" sell it but that's illegal. So what are my real options?

Thanks in advance for sharing your expertise!

I went online to see what kind of values are offered. Carmax was the only one to give me an actual offer and appraisal of $33k, Tesla offered 30k on tradein. At first glance I think both numbers are too low, but I also see people trying to sell SR+ above 40k which doesn't seem realistic.

I think somewhere in the middle would be a fair price. As you say, above 40 isn't realistic and 30-33 is just too low. I'd start just below 40 and probably wouldn't go below 35.

I've got a question for all you car sale experts out there.

Good question. I think there are lots of folks in similar situations. I'd also like to hear some opinions on this.

Side question but sort of related, how does one sell a car which is partly covered by a loan. Would the buyer have to send the funds to the bank where the loan resides and then the bank would release the title to the new owner?

• Disagree
Looking for some advice - I have been salivating over a M3 for years, and I can finally (realistically) do a ~$40K car. I have been researching this forever and I am still a little torn. Should I pick up a new SR+ or a used LR RWD with 20-30K miles? Probably once every month or two the range would come in handy with a 200 mile trip where the LR would make it painless, but most days it honestly wouldn't matter. I also think in the next 3 years I will be looking for a MY to replace it as it is probably a better fit for my MTB and camping activities, but just can't swallow the cost at this point. So the resale and ability to easily sell it is a concern (I seem to see a fair amount of 2019 SR+ cars for sale so I am wondering if people get a taste and then realize the range, slow charging or other things frustrate them). Anybody have any advice for me? Oh, and I have owned Chevy volts for the past 8 years so I am used to at least thinking about charging, but have always had an easy safety net.

Apologize in advance for my ignorance - after quite a bit of lurking I decided to post a 'for sale' thread without knowing about any of the new account restrictions. I've done a fair amount of searching around and have not been able to determine what the prerequisites are for publishing a post. My post is currently visible to me, but not public. I don't know if it will become public once the criteria are met, or if I need to delete it and re-post at some point once my account is sufficient. If anyone has any insight it would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Reactions: Fiver
Apologize in advance for my ignorance - after quite a bit of lurking I decided to post a 'for sale' thread without knowing about any of the new account restrictions. I've done a fair amount of searching around and have not been able to determine what the prerequisites are for publishing a post. My post is currently visible to me, but not public. I don't know if it will become public once the criteria are met, or if I need to delete it and re-post at some point once my account is sufficient. If anyone has any insight it would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

It's now posted - thanks to the mod team for clearing everything up!

Reactions: byeLT4
All -

Is this a Raven? Seller says 325 mi range. I don't know how to figure the answer out beyond that.

Date of manufacturer is 4/19 per the door jamb sticker.

2019 Tesla Model X | eBay

thanks

Can't tell from the VIN and being April 2019 date, it could be either way. On the other hand, if the rated range is really 325 at 100%, it's not raven. Raven X 100Ds were rated at 351 miles, if I recall correctly.

• Disagree