Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General chit-chat in "For Sale" threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All -

Is this a Raven? Seller says 325 mi range. I don't know how to figure the answer out beyond that.

Date of manufacturer is 4/19 per the door jamb sticker.

2019 Tesla Model X | eBay

thanks

Looks like it is, yes. Pricing is awful though. New build at the same spec is $92k cash plus any state incentives. For pricing reference, I sold one of these used (albeit with 20" wheels) for just under $80k back in March.

Looks like it is, yes. Pricing is awful though. New build at the same spec is $92k cash plus any state incentives. For pricing reference, I sold one of these used (albeit with 20" wheels) for just under $80k back in March.

Yeah, I am aware of the very poor pricing. Your price point is about where I was looking.

So one says yes, other says no ..... :)

Only used Teslas says 325 is the rated range for a Model X LR (Raven). Seller also says ventilated seats .... which I thought was NOT offered on the Ravens ..... ?

Tesla RAVEN: The Longest-Range Electric Vehicle Now Goes Even Farther | Only Used Tesla

Yeah, I am aware of the very poor pricing. Your price point is about where I was looking.

So one says yes, other says no ..... :)

Only used Teslas says 325 is the rated range for a Model X LR (Raven). Seller also says ventilated seats .... which I thought was NOT offered on the Ravens ..... ?

Tesla RAVEN: The Longest-Range Electric Vehicle Now Goes Even Farther | Only Used Tesla

There's no way that car has ventilated seats. They stopped offering them in 2018.

FYI, I sold that car at 78k to Carmax after getting no bites for a week at that price (mine included FSD too). The market on these is extremely soft. I've owned two of them, wouldn't buy another one FWIW.

Last edited:
There's no way that car has ventilated seats. They stopped offering them in 2018.

FYI, I sold that car at 78k to Carmax after getting no bites for a week at that price (mine included FSD too). The market on these is extremely soft. I've owned two of them, wouldn't buy another one FWIW.

You are likely correct. I don't think the seller has dealt with many Teslas (as if the price wasn't enough of a clue!) so I doubt he knows what he's talking about.

Appreciate your data point. When you say "wouldn't buy another one" - because of the resale value? I'm looking to buy something for my wife that I'm intending her to drive for the next 4-5 years ...... so immediate resale is not a huge concern.....

Question for all -

When looking at Ev-CPO for Model S 85Ds, I see that ... there are none!

I thought I remembered hearing a while ago I heard a rumor that Tesla would unlock the "software locked" batteries on used cars when they resold? Is that what I'm seeing here?

85kWh batteries are older generation. The unlock you mention is about the 75kWh batteries which were sold as software locked to 60 and 70kWh. This is for S-es from 2016 onward as far as I recall.

85s are from the prior years.

Thanks. Do you find it odd that Tesla has zero 85s in inventory? (at least as of yesterday)

Maybe they don't want to retail them for some reason ... they pass them on to 3rd parties?

Yes, something does seem like it's gone haywire. Maybe try to contact a mod?

upload_2020-7-14_0-37-53.png

• Disagree
Reactions: PhilDavid
Blanket no pricing talk seems kind of overkill and a lazy rule tbh. Some people get real defensive at any mention that a car may be overpriced like people were personally conspiring to lower the value of their teslas. I feel like this is better laid down as a rule on the rules page or something more obvious than a mod note on a 5 year old thread.

I've never seen as much thread crapping in car For Sale forums as here. While I applaud the mods for showing restraint in not overmodding it's really getting out of hand as even people who have reasonably priced their vehicles for private party sale are still getting thread crapped.

If somebody is off on their price why do you need to even comment? The silence would be a comment enough. And shame on the resellers for crapping in posts because private party people want to sell for a private party price and not an auction/wholesale/tradein price.

I've never seen as much thread crapping in car For Sale forums as here. While I applaud the mods for showing restraint in not overmodding it's really getting out of hand as even people who have reasonably priced their vehicles for private party sale are still getting thread crapped.

If somebody is off on their price why do you need to even comment? The silence would be a comment enough. And shame on the resellers for crapping in posts because private party people want to sell for a private party price and not an auction/wholesale/tradein price.

Care to give some of the threads that made you mad as examples?

Most of the recent for sale ads are pretty chill. Of course we have our fair share of "unicorn" sellers who can't be bothered to do a bit of research and just post insane prices hoping to catch an unsuspecting buyer off guard. Usually when it's just a little/moderately overpriced, people will behave, but when they post some really out there delusional prices, it's hard not to say anything. It's not like it's a serious sale thread at that point :)

Care to give some of the threads that made you mad as examples?

Most of the recent for sale ads are pretty chill. Of course we have our fair share of "unicorn" sellers who can't be bothered to do a bit of research and just post insane prices hoping to catch an unsuspecting buyer off guard. Usually when it's just a little/moderately overpriced, people will behave, but when they post some really out there delusional prices, it's hard not to say anything. It's not like it's a serious sale thread at that point :)

There are more but here are 3 recent examples of reasonable/moderately overpriced listings where people have not behaved:

2018 P100D Ludicrous FSD, 13k miles
Reasonably priced from the start, thread still hijacked

2017 Model X for Sale. Long Island NY.
Moderately overpriced (~5K).. called out as overpriced and offers below trade-in price

Tesla Model X - 2020 Performance White/White CF
Reasonably priced from the start, called overpriced in comparison to an outlier sale that was a once in a lifetime deal, thread hijacked talking about the outlier deal.