Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General chit-chat in "For Sale" threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all!

I've been a lurker for a while, but never made an account or posted in this forum. Earlier today I tried to post a listing for my Model 3 that I'm selling, but it doesn't look like it was approved by the Mods.

Does anyone know how many posts you must have to create a listing? I'm not seeing it in any stickys, or any forum rules.

Thanks for the help!

on the cusp of buying a used tesla, White, 19" 2018 Model 3...but 87,000 miles all freeway, Car is in amazing condition, also has Enhanced Auto Pilot...for $37,000 is that a good price in this mental market, KBB says $33,000 and a few other car buying sites are offering $35,000 for it.

Thoughts? i plan to keep it for a really long time.

on the cusp of buying a used tesla, White, 19" 2018 Model 3...but 87,000 miles all freeway, Car is in amazing condition, also has Enhanced Auto Pilot...for $37,000 is that a good price in this mental market, KBB says $33,000 and a few other car buying sites are offering $35,000 for it.

Thoughts? i plan to keep it for a really long time.
We just sold our 2019 mid range 42k miles for $34,500

Reactions: Fiver
When do you guys think the used car prices will come down? All these prices are getting out of hands and I do think people are starting to realize it. A few weeks ago, no matter what price carvana/vroom would post for a car, it would get sold. Slowly, they started increasing the price - and now they have a bunch available for purchase that have been there for the past few days. When is it going to shift back to this-makes-sense-for-a-used-car price??
When new vehicles are becoming plentiful again, used prices will fall. This timeline is unknown. So far no progress has been visible.

Reactions: ElectricEel
A used car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Timing has more to do with it than anything. How fast does someone need a car, and how fast does someone need to sell one.
Lol yes that seems to be the going theme of the market right now. I’m more focused on what the cost “should be” if the market wasn’t bonkers right bonkers right now. And how much over that am I comfortable paying.

Lol yes that seems to be the going theme of the market right now. I’m more focused on what the cost “should be” if the market wasn’t bonkers right bonkers right now. And how much over that am I comfortable paying.
The market is exactly that, what people are willing and comfortable paying. Take a close look at "the market", it is not exactly what everyone is thinking. "The market" for Teslas is up, but this is not a free for all for sellers. There are plenty of Teslas that have been listed and are not selling.

The market is exactly that, what people are willing and comfortable paying. Take a close look at "the market", it is not exactly what everyone is thinking. "The market" for Teslas is up, but this is not a free for all for sellers. There are plenty of Teslas that have been listed and are not selling.
I understand that. And yes I’ve been following for the past month. I guess to be more specific what are dealers (carmax, zoom,) etc used to pay. They are the sole reason the market is jacked up. Private party would not pay these insane prices, it’s hard to haggle with someone when we compete against a place that cuts you a check in 20min.

I understand that. And yes I’ve been following for the past month. I guess to be more specific what are dealers (carmax, zoom,) etc used to pay. They are the sole reason the market is jacked up. Private party would not pay these insane prices, it’s hard to haggle with someone when we compete against a place that cuts you a check in 20min.
I agree, though something is wierd with those online buyers. I would imagine they are not going to sell most of those cars at a profit. I remember ready a conversation about how their loses will be substantial.It's almost like the housing market, a lot of houses are being purchased by Corp. and hedge funds. It's definitely a weird time to buy a car.

Reactions: ElectricEel
I agree, though something is wierd with those online buyers. I would imagine they are not going to sell most of those cars at a profit. I remember ready a conversation about how their loses will be substantial.It's almost like the housing market, a lot of houses are being purchased by Corp. and hedge funds. It's definitely a weird time to buy a car.
They are making a profit, they wouldn’t do it if not. But it’s only $1000-$2000, dealers a fueled by the people’s desperation right now. Like you said if someone will pay it. Unfortunately even this forums market followed suit. Why were seeing so many disgruntled buyers. Used to be a place to find a great deal below market.

just spoke with a Rep at car max and he said they’d re buying that Long range with that many miles for $38,000 so I think $37 is fair in their current market. Realistically I should only be paying $34ish, but this market ain’t moving for at least 2 solid years with the chip shortage.

Carvana is offering me $39,293 for my 2020 basic M3 SR+ with 10k. I'd sell it today if my wife didn't need it for a short road trip mid October. Our Nissan Leaf Plus isn't going to cut it for that trip. So I put my $100 down last week (good timing, right) aiming for a January delivery of basically the same car. So hopefully the used car prices hold until then. Who knows, maybe I get a Federal (US) EV tax credit to boot. Worst case, I'm out $100. Best case looks pretty good.

Curious what other curve balls there could be. Mixed feeling about the LFP battery rumors. What does the hive mind think? $100 wager dumb?

Last edited:
Carvana is offering me $39,293 for my 2020 basic M3 SR+ with 10k. I'd sell it today if my wife didn't need it for a short road trip mid October. Our Nissan Leaf Plus isn't going to cut it for that trip. So I put my $100 down last week (good timing, right) aiming for a January delivery of basically the same car. So hopefully the used car prices hold until then. Who knows, maybe I get a Federal (US) EV tax credit to boot. Worst case, I'm out $100. Best case looks pretty good.

Curious what other curve balls there could be. Mixed feeling about the LFP battery rumors. What does the hive mind think? $100 wager dumb?
You can always transfer to someone else

Anyone notice the carmax and zoom aren’t offering the same high prices anymore. I plugged in my car again to all the big three and they are offering almost $10,000 less 🧐. I think the market is flooded with too many overpriced Tesla’s.

Might want to edit the title to say non-performance. Also everyone is right most complete sets with Pilot Sport 4s go for 2700-3000 recently, so unless someone really hates the best tire on the market for this car, they are going to be eating about $1K by not going with one of the other available sets. But best of luck to you... if they were +34 i would definitely be interested, but not at ~30% over what similar sets are going for.

Reactions: Pricedm