Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General chit-chat in "For Sale" threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 39F9AF10-C5A4-492F-AFBB-20A5F2FDBAE4.jpeg
    39F9AF10-C5A4-492F-AFBB-20A5F2FDBAE4.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 62
I agree that buying FSD for $10k is a waste of money. I thought paying $5K for autopilot back on my 2019 Model S was excessive. But back then you didn't get squat other than basic cruise control for free so you kind of had to pay the $5k for auto steer and distance pacing cruise control. I did get the free upgrade to FSD on the Model S, but I've never used summon, auto park or navigate on auto pilot. Now that basic auto pilot is standard, you don't really get $10k worth of value for going FSD.
Plus now you can try it for 200$ per month.

November delivery date of your exact car zero miles is 59.9k without FSD 10k more with FSD that nobody is buying anymore. ( A Tesla 3 Performance)
11% of new and current Tesla buyers are buying FSD fact! People don’t want this for 10k!
you will be lucky to get 45k from a buyer, your better off trading your car to Tesla.
Tesla is selling over 100,000 cars with FSD a year at 11%. I do not expect most people buying a SR+ car to buy FSD. People buying a Performance trim level are more likely to buy FSD. The take rate is the same it has always been 10-15%. The take rate is not 0.0001%. That would be “nobody” as you erroneously state.

Many people do not want to shell out $200/month for FSD. If you buy FSD outright you can include it in your loan. $10k over 72 months you would be paying about $138/mo. vs. $200/month. The cost is also fixed forever at what you paid whereas FSD subscription could continually increase.

Last edited:
Here's a thought: Start a separate thread whining about used car price fluctuations and don't clutter up somebody's for sale posting.

You wouldn't walk onto a lot and do it, what makes it any different here?
We’re not whining about used car price fluctuations here. We’re simply stating what the actual market value is, which is in the mid to upper $40k range for this car.
I thought everyone complains about car prices when they walk on to a lot, that’s why you negotiate the price. Right?

Reactions: Duke846
We’re not whining about used car price fluctuations here. We’re simply stating what the actual market value is, which is in the mid to upper $40k range for this car.
I thought everyone complains about car prices when they walk on to a lot, that’s why you negotiate the price. Right?
You would if you were actually considering buying the car and not criticizing someone else.

I'm very interested were this price is coming from. Tesla themselves are selling similar used cars for 65k. I'd expect at least mid 50s for a Performance like this.

You would if you were actually considering buying the car and not criticizing someone else.
This comment doesn't even make sense in the context of the conversation. I would what?

I'm very interested were this price is coming from. Tesla themselves are selling similar used cars for 65k. I'd expect at least mid 50s for a Performance like this.
Apparently you didn't actually read the thread since I stated in post #22 where I got the price from. The value is based on multiple factors, which in this case work against the OP.
1. The mileage is high for a 2 year old car, even if we were to say it was a 3 year old car.
2. You can order a new M3P and receive it within a few weeks for less, albeit without FSD. Since there isn't a 6+ month wait for a new M3P, the value on used is less.

If you look at the Tesla inventory, they all have less than half the miles on them. Again, you have to factor in mileage when estimating value. Since this car hasn't sold immediately that's a little more proof that the price is too high.

This comment doesn't even make sense in the context of the conversation. I would what?

Apparently you didn't actually read the thread since I stated in post #22 where I got the price from. The value is based on multiple factors, which in this case work against the OP.
1. The mileage is high for a 2 year old car, even if we were to say it was a 3 year old car.
2. You can order a new M3P and receive it within a few weeks for less, albeit without FSD. Since there isn't a 6+ month wait for a new M3P, the value on used is less.

If you look at the Tesla inventory, they all have less than half the miles on them. Again, you have to factor in mileage when estimating value. Since this car hasn't sold immediately that's a little more proof that the price is too high.
Said perfectly!!!!!!!
Mike drop!!!!!

If it helps, here are some recent data points - a 2018 M3P with FSD with 19k miles at Shift Seattle sold for $51500 10 days ago. I bought my 2020 M3P with FSD with 25k miles at carmax for $55k 3 weeks ago. Tesla Seattle had a 2018 M3P with FSD 14k miles listed for $59k which eventually sold when they dropped the price to $53600 last month (was listed for several weeks) - they seemed to drop $3k after the first 2 weeks and $1k/week after that.

If it helps, here are some recent data points - a 2018 M3P with FSD with 19k miles at Shift Seattle sold for $51500 10 days ago. I bought my 2020 M3P with FSD with 25k miles at carmax for $55k 3 weeks ago. Tesla Seattle had a 2018 M3P with FSD 14k miles listed for $59k which eventually sold when they dropped the price to $53600 last month (was listed for several weeks) - they seemed to drop $3k after the first 2 weeks and $1k/week after that.
real data helps for sure.
I will admit you always have that chance for a grand slam for sure!
you just have to swing for the fence lots.

Congratulations on your purchase! I bought my 2018 M3P- from CarMax a few weeks ago. I'm loving it so far!

Reactions: WAalseT
I've been looking for a Model S for a little while and reserved this one off Carvana last night. Can the experts help confirm? Wouldn't mind some folks chiming-in on whether it's a decent deal also.

Evident details:
2019 Long Range
Midnight Silver
21" wheels
21k miles
$76k before taxes/fees

Things I'm unsure about - VIN option code lookup actually worked, so I think it actually has:
Premium upgrade package
EAP
FSD (APF2 code)
In-service of 7/22/2019 according to carfax, so its a "raven"?
1635775112664.png

I've been looking for a Model S for a little while and reserved this one off Carvana last night. Can the experts help confirm? Wouldn't mind some folks chiming-in on whether it's a decent deal also.

Evident details:
2019 Long Range
Midnight Silver
21" wheels
21k miles
$76k before taxes/fees

Things I'm unsure about - VIN option code lookup actually worked, so I think it actually has:
Premium upgrade package
EAP
FSD (APF2 code)
In-service of 7/22/2019 according to carfax, so its a "raven"?
The FSD description has always been the issue. "Capable" does not mean "has it" in my book, but sometimes they are FSD activated... You'd have to call Tesla maybe?