Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General chit-chat in "For Sale" threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I have a Tesla Y (long-range), a white outside, black inside, reservation that will be delivered between 14-23 December in Texas.
I am willing to transfer the ownership.

Tesla Y's price is now 5k more than my reservation price.
And I am asking for 4k to do the transfer :) so you will have 1 k off the actual price and get the car in December instead of Oct 2022.
This doesn't belong here - can we get a mod to move this to the sale section or something ?

This doesn't belong here - can we get a mod to move this to the sale section or something ?

When you see these in this section, report them so it gets surfaced for a mod for this subform to move it to the correct one (which is tesla for sale):

Tesla for Sale.

I would move it but I dont have rights here so I cant move anything from this subform. I usually report them when I see them, but I spend more time in the model 3 subform (for pretty obvious reasons).

I have already reported this thread though, so you dont need to.

Reactions: voxel and Corndart
When you see these in this section, report them so it gets surfaced for a mod for this subform to move it to the correct one (which is tesla for sale):

Tesla for Sale.

I would move it but I dont have rights here so I cant move anything from this subform. I usually report them when I see them, but I spend more time in the model 3 subform (for pretty obvious reasons).

I have already reported this thread though, so you dont need to.
I actually did report it as well just after replying ;-)

As discussed in other threads, Tesla does NOT support order transfers (with lower prices). There is a workaround but no guarantee that Tesla won't cancel your order. No buyer should pre-pay for any reservation.

VIN transfers are supported by Tesla but that means the new buyer pays current prices.
Can SOMEONE please post the details about this "work around" for inquiring minds? I see this mentioned fairly frequently, but no one ever posts the actual steps they took to transfer a reservation to someone else. If someone could give a blow by blow account of how they successfully transferred a reservation to another (non-family) person, I'd much appreciate it. Thanks.

Can SOMEONE please post the details about this "work around" for inquiring minds? I see this mentioned fairly frequently, but no one ever posts the actual steps they took to transfer a reservation to someone else. If someone could give a blow by blow account of how they successfully transferred a reservation to another (non-family) person, I'd much appreciate it. Thanks.
1) find a sucker willing to pay $4000 for your reservation
2) pay me $3750
3) …
4) profit!

1) find a sucker willing to pay $4000 for your reservation
2) pay me $3750
3) …
4) profit!
I mean I'd be fine with just someone paying $250 so I can get my order fee back. If someone actually explained how to do that. Lol
I have a reservation for a LR 3 that is now $1k under the current price. If BBB doesn't pass, I want to know how I can transfer my reservation to someone else (and they get a minor discount).

Hopefully Tesla doesn't close this "loophole" but

1) Get SA to reset the registration info and delivery location on order.
2) Enter buyer's new registration info and delivery location.
3) Buyer pays for car (order still tied to original seller's account).
4) Seller transfers cars into buyer's Tesla account.

Requires some trust as the new buyer is paying for a car tied to the seller's Tesla account.

Hi, When was the last time anyone got an SA to reset registration like this? Delivery location can be changed anytime as long as a VIN is not assigned but I was told registration is locked and can't be changed.

SA or customer service (via chat) can do it.

In theory, transferring a reservation to a family member is allowed and it is valid request. I plan to either give my Model 3 or Model Y reservation to my brother in Texas in 2022 and the other I plan to basically give away here like the poster above.

There's a Model X Long Range Plus for sale on Portland Oregon's Craigslist.

I know the guy and can probably get a good discount ;)

There's a Model X Long Range Plus for sale on Portland Oregon's Craigslist.

I know the guy and can probably get a good discount ;)

$80,000.

He can keep the 22” boat anchors.

We just took delivery of a Model Y Performance, and 2 days later got notified that our Model S was also ready. Not needing both, we are going to sell the Model Y for exactly what we paid for it. It is registered, inspected in New York State, located in Rochester. 400 miles, and garage kept since pickup:

Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance
Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
Five Seat Interior
All Black Premium Interior
Red Multi-Coat Paint
21’’ Überturbine Wheels
Autopilot
Premium Interior

Text or call at 585-755-5559 with questions. Total cost will be approximately $72k. Vehicle is located in Rochester, NY.
If you paid $72K for a MYP with no FSD and no tow package, you got seriously ripped off.

• Love
Reactions: Clark_Kent and UCF3
If you paid $72K for a MYP with no FSD and no tow package, you got seriously ripped off.
Back of the envelope price + sales tax for NY puts their price around $71,209. Don't have their address in Rochester for actual county tax rates on top of the NY 4.0% so I pulled 7.91% (total) out of my ass perin bottle. Add another $100 for a deposit and their asking price sounds darn reasonable.

• Disagree
Reactions: glide and lawmangr
Back of the envelope price + sales tax for NY puts their price around $71,209. Don't have their address in Rochester for actual county tax rates on top of the NY 4.0% so I pulled 7.91% (total) out of my ass perin bottle. Add another $100 for a deposit and their asking price sounds darn reasonable.
Not really. I wouldn’t be paying someone else’s taxes and reg when I can order brand new MYP within a reasonable delivery time.

Reactions: UCF3 and whydontwe
Correct, our total cost did include the sales tax, and we also added a few options such as the garage door opener and a power open frunk. Ordering one certainly makes sense for many. We are simply stating that if someone wanted one immediately it is available. (And yes, the exact number was a little lower than the $72k). Happy to get creative if someone wants a longer term rental of a new car also.... Crypto accepted if easier.

Not really. I wouldn’t be paying someone else’s taxes and reg when I can order brand new MYP within a reasonable delivery time.
He did what I did when I bought my 100D from Tesla and resold it 4 months later: I covered the price, the upgrades, taxes and registration in my sales price. I'm not running a charity. As far as "a reasonable delivery time" seems like March 2023 is a long time to wait. I didn't wait form my S that long or my Y. But to each, their own way of thinking. My bet is it get's snatched up. The 100D I sold continues to appreciate (according to emails from KBB). Instead of my sales price of $59330 3 months ago I could be asking $65000-72000.

• Disagree
Reactions: glide and UCF3
Anyone else wish Tesla would ban transfers of reservations? If the purchaser no longer wants the reservation then just cancel it. There’s going to be plenty of people scammed out of money thinking Tesla is going to transfer a reservation into their name. Seen several postings on this site for $15k to transfer an X reservation

Reactions: voxel and bkp_duke