Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General chit-chat in "For Sale" threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies if this is not the right place for this question.

I've gotten multiple quotes for my 2021 MY LR online / dealers, but I think I want to go the private route. So what is the best way way to go about doing a private sale? TMC Forum, FB Marketplace, Ebay Motors, online ad, something else? Just looking for input on what people's experience has been if you've gone through a similar route. Thanks!

if someone has a model y reservation, are they able to transfer it to someone else’s account? Or is the person able to change the email?

Or is the seller forced to let the buyer use their email? Also what is the best way to approach this and make the changes? Thank you in advance

So people can post Tesla orders/cars for sale at ridiculous valuations and no one is allowed to point out how ridiculous those asking prices are? People are getting scammed and no one seems to care?
I came in here to complain about the ridiculous prices people are selling their reservations at, but glad to see I am not the only one annoyed by it. What’s more annoying is that they list it by saying 6.5k less than current price! That’s all a bunch cow poop if you are you going to sell the reservation for 15k more - then the total is way more than current msrp.

People please don’t be desperate in buying these outrageously priced reservations. It’s not worth it. Force these people to buy the car with their money and then try to sell it after the fact. Sure carmax, vroom, carvana will buy it from them but if they do it one too many time they will be marked as resellers by tesla and never be able to buy a tesla again. Such a douch-y thing to do in my opinion.

Apologies if this is not the right place for this question.

I've gotten multiple quotes for my 2021 MY LR online / dealers, but I think I want to go the private route. So what is the best way way to go about doing a private sale? TMC Forum, FB Marketplace, Ebay Motors, online ad, something else? Just looking for input on what people's experience has been if you've gone through a similar route. Thanks!
Those are great questions--and since you're asking directly for solutions about a service we offer, it's relevant for us to chime in here :)

First--you can sell a used Tesla privately anywhere, and there are different places that have various pros and cons. You can also list in multiple places at once (which is also super common). All the options you mentioned are viable, and people use them every day.

The most common multi-pronged approach is to list on one paid service (ours, eBay, etc.) and then max out the free services too (TMC forum, FB marketplace, etc.).

We are the #1 used Tesla site on the web and an official TMC vendor--we have a couple different listing options (free and paid) and you can check them out at FindMyElectric.com. We also have an instant offer program as well, and would be happy to walk you through all the options and even discuss your options for selling in other places--we love chatting with the Tesla community!

I came in here to complain about the ridiculous prices people are selling their reservations at, but glad to see I am not the only one annoyed by it. What’s more annoying is that they list it by saying 6.5k less than current price! That’s all a bunch cow poop if you are you going to sell the reservation for 15k more - then the total is way more than current msrp.

People please don’t be desperate in buying these outrageously priced reservations. It’s not worth it. Force these people to buy the car with their money and then try to sell it after the fact. Sure carmax, vroom, carvana will buy it from them but if they do it one too many time they will be marked as resellers by tesla and never be able to buy a tesla again. Such a douch-y thing to do in my opinion.
Tesla is starting to crack down on order transfers as well. There have been instances of orders getting canceled due to this with no refund of the deposit.

Suggestion - if anyone trying to sell their TESLA, it helps putting their location/state in their title, so it is easier for everyone (so we dont click on every sale thread to see where they are located).
I had mine trucked to DC from Seattle ... the guy who's just sent me a deposit is flying in and driving it home to San Francisco. And one of the primary candidates to replace it is in TN. There are some great finds out there if you don't worry about distance.

I'm sure it must be an attractive purchase to someone in this forum, here is a picture:

Attachments

• IUKW1890.JPG
    IUKW1890.JPG
    869 KB · Views: 71