Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General chit-chat in "For Sale" threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The refreshed older model s. People passing on it because it’s already outdated. Tesla screwed the 2021 holders over. No new horn feature, no new headlights, taillights and chargeport. Than the seller want to increase the price on something he can’t sell in the 90s lol
Tell me more about the deficiencies of the 2021? Seriously considering this car.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Tell me more about the deficiencies of the 2021? Seriously considering this car.
For this price you might as well buy a new one and wait on it. Tesla updated the horn on the 2022 models. They recently updated the headlights to matrix headlights and taillights. Also has a new chargeport. They haven’t announced if the new chargeport can handle more power or not. Why pay 99k for a outdated car when you can pay 99k for a new one with the latest specs. I’d pay below 92k for this one at the most. I’m pretty patient so I have no problems grabbing a cheap model 3 and waiting for my S to come in. If I was you I’d try to find a updated model S. The lights and chargeport can’t be updated if you buy a older one like this one.

For this price you might as well buy a new one and wait on it. Tesla updated the horn on the 2022 models. They recently updated the headlights to matrix headlights and taillights. Also has a new chargeport. They haven’t announced if the new chargeport can handle more power or not. Why pay 99k for a outdated car when you can pay 99k for a new one with the latest specs. I’d pay below 92k for this one at the most. I’m pretty patient so I have no problems grabbing a cheap model 3 and waiting for my S to come in. If I was you I’d try to find a updated model S. The lights and chargeport can’t be updated if you buy a older one like this one.
Interesting, I was unaware. I’m still rocking my 2016…LOL

The refreshed older model s. People passing on it because it’s already outdated. Tesla screwed the 2021 holders over. No new horn feature, no new headlights, taillights and chargeport. Than the seller want to increase the price on something he can’t sell in the 90s lol
That's what I was saying in another thread. I'd be one pissed off customer if I took delivery of the 2021 only to find out these significant changes are offered in 2022. Better headlights and taillights are worth the wait IMO.
For now, I'm keeping my 2016.5 S with AP1, which is more stable than beta right now.

That's what I was saying in another thread. I'd be one pissed off customer if I took delivery of the 2021 only to find out these significant changes are offered in 2022. Better headlights and taillights are worth the wait IMO.
For now, I'm keeping my 2016.5 S with AP1, which is more stable than beta right now.
I don’t blame the seller for trying to dump his car off. I’d want to sell out of frustration

Hi,

We have placed an order for the M3LR, white exterior, black interior, with the aero wheels. The price is $49,990 before the price hike. Due to the long wait, we had decided to go in a different direction. Looking to get the deposit back of $250, nothing more. Thanks
Hi there- I am in a similar situation. I have Model 3 ready for delivery but I have purchased another car so I want to transfer my reservation. Since you just completed yours do you have any insight for me please? Much appreciated. I am in Pasadena, CA

Thanks,

Richard

Hopefully Tesla doesn't close this "loophole" but

1) Get SA to reset the registration info and delivery location on order.
2) Enter buyer's new registration info and delivery location.
3) Buyer pays for car (order still tied to original seller's account).
4) Seller transfers cars into buyer's Tesla account.

Requires some trust as the new buyer is paying for a car tied to the seller's Tesla account.

I think Tesla is actively trying to close this loophole. My MYP transfer got blocked at delivery (I wasn't even profiting on the transfer and spent 10+ hours getting it transferred due to non-responding SA).

• Informative
Thank you for stating this, I've said this before as well. It's interesting that the mods have allowed this to get so out of control even though Tesla clearly states that selling reservations is against their terms of service. It also makes it more difficult for those of us who place reservations with the intent on buying the car. If the thousands of people placing reservations just to sell them were not in the equation, we'd be getting our cars quicker.