Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General chit-chat in "For Sale" threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
…Please consider creating a new sub forum for reservation sales/transfers.
It’s not that as moderators we don’t notice. There are some interesting debates on the topic. But as much as I hate scalping, I’m not trying to police reservation transfers. Just as I’m not trying to police the sale of Tesla Tequlia even though many want us to.

Either 1) Tesla will close their transfer loophole; 2) prices will stabilize; 3) TMC will replace the marketplace; 4) We’ll add “reservations for sale” and “reservations to buy” sub-forums; or 5) some combination of the above.

To be clear. It’s not that we aren’t paying attention. Likewise, this note isn’t a “Tesla For Sale” so it’s getting moved to chit chat.

Last edited:
But as much as I hate scalping, I’m not trying to police reservation transfers...
I am not trying to police the transfers, I don't care, but both the Tesla for sale and WTB sub forums are overrun with Reservation sale/wtb threads. It has magnified 10x in the last few weeks. Just give them their own sub forum, so others don't have to sift through their scalping/impatience while looking for a car/part that they want/need.

I get it, being a mod is a PITA, as I did it for a decade on a Honda forum, so I/we appreciate the hard work it entails.

Cliff notes: Reservation threads are like the political forums on message boards. It enrages many, and some make out while others get aggrivated. I don't want to see it or participate, so I don't click those subforums.

thanks for caring! :)

Just looked now, on the first page of Tesla for sale, 20 threads are displayed, 14 of which are reservation sales...
thanks-awesome.gif

It’s not that as moderators we don’t notice. There are some interesting debates on the topic. But as much as I hate scalping, I’m not trying to police reservation transfers. Just as I’m not trying to police the sale of Tesla Tequlia even though many want us to.

Either 1) Tesla will close their transfer loophole; 2) prices will stabilize; 3) TMC will replace the marketplace; 4) We’ll add reservations for sale and reservations to buy; or 5) some combination of the above.

To be clear. It’s not that we aren’t paying attention. Likewise, this note isn’t a “Tesla For Sale” so it’s getting moved to chit chat.
Make scalper posts have to put up a 5% of asking price donation. That’ll cut down on that.

Either 1) Tesla will close their transfer loophole; 2) prices will stabilize; 3) TMC will replace the marketplace; 4) We’ll add reservations for sale and reservations to buy; or 5) some combination of the above.

+1 on these options - Can we get a poll going to see what the community wants? As of now, this subforum is difficult to parse with all the scalper spam

Just looked now, on the first page of Tesla for sale, 20 threads are displayed, 14 of which are reservation sales...
thanks-awesome.gif

Right now, I am seeing about 12-13 non-Reservation for sale posts (based on titles, not clicked them) 🤷‍♂️

I think this phenomenan is just temporal: probably goes down as we get closer/past end of quarter? and may have increased due to this months price bump?

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC

Either 1) Tesla will close their transfer loophole; 2) prices will stabilize; 3) TMC will replace the marketplace; 4) We’ll add “reservations for sale” and “reservations to buy” sub-forums; or 5) some combination of the above.

Thanks for a level headed response. I agree with the first two points that recognize this is a "fad" which will be corrected on its own or on Tesla's side.

As a moderator on other forums, I totally support keeping the forums simple (it may be tricky to start creating subforums for every new "fad") and the cost/difficulty of per-post moderation (it is hard to moderate it unless there is a sign of fraud/scam). The latter is particularly important to not conver it into a Reddit-like controlling environment.

Personally, I also feel (anecdotally) that the search/recommensation feature is pretty good for most cases. I find that helpful in differntiating signal/noise to a bit.

• Funny
curious on opinions of market value for 2021 MYP no fsd...834 miles black/black in NC. Nothing wrong with the vehicle and no mods. Not 100% on selling just the value is. I love the car just don't drive it as much as I thought I would (have to drive truck for work).

would greatly appreciate any insight

curious on opinions of market value for 2021 MYP no fsd...834 miles black/black in NC. Nothing wrong with the vehicle and no mods. Not 100% on selling just the value is. I love the car just don't drive it as much as I thought I would (have to drive truck for work).

Give ya $55K for it, third party out of state cheque.

• Funny
Reactions: budygadi

KBB is generally a bit on the higher end for used Teslas (these days); may be tricky to get those prices but certainly possible.

Also try online buyers like Vroom, Carvana, Carmax, etc. for their quote.

Reactions: sincerity82
Best prices I received was from KBB from which local dealers began contacting me to honor the amount KBB spit out. Carvana, Carmax and Vroom came in a few thousand lower. This was on a Toyota Rav 4, I'm sure this can change based on the demand for a particular car, but many of my friends have had the same experience with KBB offering more than the others. Good luck

This car seems reasonably priced and I wish the OP well.

Your position on discussion of prices on a public forum is a bit disconcerting though. Based on your message so from now on if someone asks more than the car goes for new for a 1 year old car, forum members are not "allowed" to point that out for the benefit of other forum members?

It seems like a bit of a draconian policy and I've never seen anything like this on the BMW and Mercedes forums where respectful and factual discussions are allowed.

I suppose this very own post of mine can expected to be censored but I felt I had to say something to clarify this policy. The more you restrict discussion the less forum members will engage and discuss with others.
This site is becoming more useless by the day.

• Funny