Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AudubonB

One can NOT induce accuracy via precision!
Mar 24, 2013
Welcome to the 2018 general discussion page. Doors open 1 January; until then please continue to use the hoary ol' 2017 thread....

Update: its thread-name now begins with "General Discussion", which should lessen the frustration many had over the past year in posting to the wrong thread.

Last edited:
To kick things off. Here is my watchlist for the next few months

- continued model 3 production (vin regs, customers getting invited to configure and deliveries beyond California) 25k Model 3 for this quarter would be an excellent performance in my opinion
- first full self driving feature. Autopilot seems to be approaching parity with v1, so time to focus on the next thing. Tesla lost a year of its head start on other manufacturers. It cannot slip another year.
- availability of the solar roof. I don't really believe in this product but it is something that must come out eventually and tied into the Buffalo plant being productive

Reactions: erha
800x-1.png

Happy New Year everyone - now that we have auto-sensing windshield wipers, what will be the next feature to bicker about for SA authors?

In all seriousness - in retrospect I'm a bit disappointed with the competition in 2017. I see @RobStark 's picture of EV new arrivals but I don't fully believe it. Subjectively it seems to me that also in 2017 the can was kicked down the road further without any real action from the legacy car makers. I feel that allows Tesla much more room to manoeuvre...

What was the image source?
From Tesla.com:
Model 3: 310 (4225 shown, SR?)
Roadster: 620 (300 shown, should be over a chart width)
S: 335 (255 shown)
X: 295 (260 shown, more than S??)

Edit:
Sorry to start year negative, but must give thumbs down.
Edit: also missing semi class at 500 miles
Improved pre-coffee word choices.

Last edited:
Happy New Year everyone - now that we have auto-sensing windshield wipers, what will be the next feature to bicker about for SA authors?

In all seriousness -
No, auto rain-sensing wipers OTA is serious. First of all, this is an industry first - technology wise. No other car brand has production vehicles with vision-based rain sensing. Why is this big, except for the news itself? Because the capability can improve OTA! I literally hate my AP1 rain sensing feature. It wipes when I don't want it to, and vice versa. Hella crap. And I'm 100 % certain the FW/SW won't improve OTA.

Second: It even gets me thinking about trading in my AP1 Model S for an AP2 car. AP2 cars have now practically reached parity with AP1 cars. Slight differences, yes, but there's no *important* missing features in AP2 anymore*. So when an OTA feature gets me thinking about buying a new car, I think it's big. Of course, I'm a nerd. So there's that.

*Yes, there's no 'speed limit sign recognition', no animation of veichles in adjacent lanes unless you're using your blinkers etc. These are peanuts. Peanuts

Last edited:
Happy & profitable new year for everybody !
2018 will be interesting starting right away this week with the total Q4 delivery and (hopefully) Model-3 production numbers.

Thanks all for holding of buying more TSLA (and MMD & myusername for not covering :) ) a few days longer last week and thus keeping the SP relatively low until our tax date of 31-12. I promise to buy more TSLA from the tax saved in order to return the favor.

It looks like we had a nice last for deliveries, Ok now for all to jump in tomorrow (or cover your short) before these numbers come out.

What was the image source?
From Tesla.com:
Model 3: 310 (4225 shown, SR?)
Roadster: 620 (300 shown, should be over a chart width)
S: 335 (255 shown)
X: 295 (260 shown, more than S??)

Edit:
Sorry to start year negative, but must give thumbs down.
Edit: also missing semi class at 500 miles
Improved pre-coffee word choices.
The gentleman from the North who has posted this can probably share more, but I've seen this before and I think this is pre-roadster/semi event. If the S/X is off by that much, it may also be pre-100 pack.

Great read to kick off the New Year -- thanks for posting @Lycanthrope.

I’ll add a bit more for those busy enjoying the holiday with family (or nursing a hangover ;)).

“I was grateful to have the opportunity to participate in the film and contribute to its subject’s noble cause, but I couldn’t help contemplating that something greater was occurring in that fading sunlight. It was an intersection of the past and the future, one where an old-school driving enthusiast like me could experience what is clearly the future—and not have to relinquish the experience that I hold dear.”—Alex McCulloch

Status
Not open for further replies.