Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Now they can start shipping battery packs to Fremont using their autonomous semis.....

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
There is no need for Elon or Tesla to respond. Tesla already won, free publicity. Tesla wouldn't be wise to spend money advertising Hyundai.
And there really is nothing to respond to, that car is not a response to any Tesla product. Maybe Elon will congratulate them in bringing another electric model, there are still big manufacturers without one.

To clarify, I don't think Tesla needs to respond.

People who follow the automotive industry closely will recognize the Hyundai ad as basically being a copy of the Audi ad, and associate Hyundai with being on the losing side of that billboard spat. Hyundai shot themselves in the foot.

Thats is important news and a clear prove that the Semi's spec's are real despite some competition claiming the opposite. Them doing the transport will create a lot of credibility and confidence in the truck industry to place reservations.

Would love to see a reservation tracker for the Semit starts ticking faster and faster after today ....

Reactions: SunCatcher and Etna
giphy.gif

Now they can start shipping battery packs to Fremont using their autonomous semis.....

I want to see a platoon of 10 autonomous semis behind a single semi being driven by a driver from Reno to Fremont, loaded to the roof with assembled battery packs. Post it on YouTube, send a link to the CEO's of Daimler, GM and Toyota to give them something to ponder while working on their upcoming 2022 Tesla Killers...

RT

I want to see a platoon of 10 autonomous semis behind a single semi being driven by a driver from Reno to Fremont, loaded to the roof with assembled battery packs. Post it on YouTube, send a link to the CEO's of Daimler, GM and Toyota to give them something to ponder while working on their upcoming 2022 Tesla Killers...

RT

All of that, but I also want to see some semi's drag racing after they drop their loads and before picking up parts to take back to the gigafactory to build more Semis.

Not unexpected

GM CEO wants Congress to expand tax credit for electric vehicles

would be nice if they made the $7.5K tax credit about X number of total EVs among all manufacturers. That is, something like phaseout beginning after the first 3 million EVs sold in the US, rather than the first 200K for each of the 15 or so global auto manufacturers (either format would involve basically the same amount of money). The former encourages expediting the transition to EVs, the latter, i.e., the current plan, actually softens the blow for any of those automakers kicking the can down the road on this transition to EVs.

Not unexpected

GM CEO wants Congress to expand tax credit for electric vehicles

would be nice if they made the $7.5K tax credit about X number of total EVs among all manufacturers. That is, something like phaseout beginning after the first 3 million EVs sold in the US, rather than the first 200K for each of the 15 or so global auto manufacturers (either format would involve basically the same amount of money). The former encourages expediting the transition to EVs, the latter, i.e., the current plan, actually softens the blow for any of those automakers kicking the can down the road on this transition to EVs.
I get the phase out stuff, but is there an end date where no matter where you are at in the phase out process it just ends. Like 2025?.

But there are serious chips on the table now.

There wasn't before?

They were ok letting the blaze get started. They instructed their Congressman to pass this in the past.They will just put the fire out now just as the inferno begins? That is how Corporate Risk Managment is handled at Big Oil?

Does Big Oil control European governments and the European Union as well?

Reactions: Snapdragon III
Status
Not open for further replies.