TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by AudubonB, Dec 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Words of HABIT

• Informative x 6
    • Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  2. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Well-Known Member

I don’t believe those numbers for a second. They sound like S, X and 3 numbers combined.

• Disagree x 4
    • Like x 1
  3. sundaymorning

sundaymorning Active Member

#8903 sundaymorning, May 13, 2018
    Last edited: May 13, 2018
    Hard to believe, and that’s why I haven’t posted anything. But I’ve been hearing the same through the grape vines. I’m about 80-90% confident base on what I’ve been hearing. If you go back to Elon’s email, he stated very clearly the previous planned shutdown was to bring Mode 3 production to 3-4k a week. It’s much harder to get from zero to 1k a week than to get from 1k to 4k. It’s just a matter of replicating the lines. GF appears to be all hands on deck from what I know and workers are optimistic about long term targets. As a warning, my info is from personal research outside of TMC, and may be wrong on all accounts.

• Informative x 8
    • Like x 3
  4. Words of HABIT

Not sure where the 4290wk, 638/day came from but I don't think they would include MS & MX. MS & MX combined are already at 2000wk, 400/day (+-100,000 year). Subtracting MS & MX from the provided numbers would leave an unimpressive 2,290 wk, 238/day for the M3 which was running at a better rate prior to the last week long shut down. If the source is correct, they are talking about M3 numbers only.

• Helpful x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  5. Lbkmxp100d

Lbkmxp100d Member

Correct, these numbers are specific to M3 line. The S and X lines are not represented in those totals. The numbers came directly from end of line board that is constantly updating 24/7 as M3’s come off line

• Informative x 12
    • Like x 2
  6. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

If the C rate of the cells are the limiting factor then higher voltage will do nothing to increase charging rate. Higher voltage only helps if the current carrying capacity of the charge cable or internal vehicle cabling are the limiting factors, which at this point, as far as I know, they are not.

• Helpful x 1
  7. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Well-Known Member

This I believe. I’ll be happy to be wrong, but I don’t think they’re doing more than 2,500 3’s (give or take) per week.

But 2250 is an average of +300/ day.

8. geneclean55

geneclean55 Active Member

Troy has it at 3125 for the last 7 days. His tracking has historically been accurate while perhaps a week or two behind the actual rates, as confirmed by Elon during the cc.

• Like x 12
  9. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Voltage makes me tingle.

On a scale of

1 (this is heresay) to
    10 (I put my reputation on the line here),

How would your rate your confidence on the accuracy of these numbers?

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  10. generalenthu

generalenthu Member

We have been so conditioned to pain that good news seems almost unbelievable. Myself, I don't know whether to believe it or not. Have nothing to do but wait.

• Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
    • Funny x 1
  11. hacer

hacer Member

I was not attempting to support @Reciprocity 's unsupportable comments. I was responding to your statement:
    (emphasis mine)

If future vehicles don't increase capacity or charge rate then there is no point to having 200-250kW chargers. So I think that Elon saying future supercharges may have power levels like that is a commentary on what future vehicles may be capable of. Given that, I was musing on whether or not the battery voltage would be increased, and the pros and cons to that because the whole discussion started regarding the mission-E 800V system and whether Tesla would increase voltage.

12. generalenthu

generalenthu Member

13. ggies07

ggies07 Supporting Member

14. ggies07

ggies07 Supporting Member

yeah buddy! That's the kind I have. :)

15. SlicedBr3ad

SlicedBr3ad Member

16. mongo

mongo Well-Known Member

#8916 mongo, May 13, 2018
    Last edited: May 13, 2018
    The speed limit is 60 there.Southbound on Bangerter Highway (SR-154) at 10400.
    Tesla Model S rear ends UFA truck
    Edit: previous pic was wrong side of intersection
    utah2.PNG

Attached Files:

17. Lbkmxp100d

Lbkmxp100d Member

Can you post link please?
    Here’s my answer. My contact at Tesla is a H.S. Friend who works on the M3 line. I lost touch with him for several years but ran into him at airport while on vacation a couple weeks ago. During conversation I found out what he does at Tesla and asked him lots of questions. We have stayed in contact since our brief catch up at airport. He has always been an honest guy and I don’t see any reason he would not give me accurate numbers/info. I spoke to him last Thursday after his shift at Tesla and he said he would text me today after his shift bc I wanted to know what daily M3 output was but he didn’t know that number on Thursday but said he would look at it today and let me know. We spoke for about 10 minutes and he was very confident and what he had to say to me that I reported upon. He knows I’m reporting on here but also knows I would never give any info on his identity as he said Tesla is very closed lipped on these numbers. He did say it was probably bc numbers haven’t been great until now so leaks should start to happen w/ the M3 numbers improving drastically.

Also, there have been several member on this forum who have sent me private messages saying their contacts at Tesla are reporting similar M3 numbers as well.

I’m not trying to convince anyone of the production numbers but simply wanted to pass on good news. You will not hurt my feelings if you don’t believe the info.

• Informative x 31
    • Like x 9
    • Love x 8
    • Helpful x 4
  18. scaesare

scaesare Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I agree that it certainly implies that there will be faster rates in the future.

In the context of the assertions surrounding packs charging at 200-250KW, my point is that we don't know what a future theoretical Supercharger will deliver. Today the don't deliver more than about 87% of their capability to a single car (I think 117kW is the most I've seen?).So a future 200-250KW charger delivering that kind of power might be exactly what the roadster or a P120 needs.

Neither of those are 2.5C scenarios or necessarily even 2C as @Reprocity posting, but I understand you aren't suggesting they are.

19. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

It's great that you can share what you know.

• Like x 6
  20. TSLA_Hopeful

TSLA_Hopeful Member

Sorry, I’m mobile. Don’t say who the other members who confirmed are, but how many other members messaged you? And how credible are those other members?