Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While the FUD on Twitter may be highly visible, its impact is ephemeral.

So FUDbusters with a long term view can also turn to one of the world's most visited web-sites, Wikipedia.

Providing non-biased, well-sourced and notable information on topics of interest there will be seen by many, for a long time. Editing on Wikipedia does have a bit of a learning curve, but simply citing a reliable source for some relevant information by copy-pasting existing Wikipedia-formatting is not that hard.

As an example, I have just created a (currently) small article on Oliver Schmidt, the top VW executive sentenced to seven years of prison, for his involvement in the VW diesel emissions scandal:
Oliver Schmidt (engineer) - Wikipedia

This is to provide (lasting) background to a couple of tweets responding to boneheaded FUD regarding 'fleeing Tesla executives' - since it is in fact VW executives who are trying to keep out of reach of the long arm of the law:

Andreas Hopf on Twitter

Happy anti-FUD editing. :)

Building on this... I just discovered that WikiTribune (new journalism project from Wikipedia co-founder) has some articles on Elon, like this one:
Fact-Checking the public funding that Elon Musk ventures receive

Feel free to chime in and help fact-check the story, I already added the 2015 Guardian article that Elon tweeted.

We will be contributing to Q2 financials via Model X, due to arrive late June. My wife's Acura MDX is at 270,000 miles - great SUV btw. We test drove the model X over the weekend and loved it. Thank you Tesla and TSLA!;)

Screen Shot 2018-05-14 at 6.46.36 AM.png

Last edited:
Dow Jones & Wall Street Journal - 10:35 EDT today:

Tesla Inc. will undergo a restructuring to flatten its management structure, Chief Executive Elon Musk told employees Monday.

Mr. Musk made the announcement following news that his engineering chief, Doug Field, was taking a leave of absence, and that senior executive Matthew Schwall was departing the company for Alphabet Inc.'s driverless car division Waymo.

"To ensure that Tesla is well prepared for the future, we have been undertaking a thorough reorganization of our company," Mr. Musk said in the memo reviewed by The Wall Street Journal. "As part of the reorg, we are flattening the management structure to improve communication, combining functions where sensible and trimming activities that are not vital to the success of our mission."

He added that the company will continue to hire workers. In early May, Mr. Musk alluded to a reorganization when he discussed cutting down on the number of contract workers.

Last edited:
Ron Baron on CNBC says Doug Fields is on a 6-8 week sabbatical and will be coming back to work on Model Y.

Tesla is running at light-speed, billionaire Ron Baron says

Edit: Here is another portion of the interview. Billionaire Ron Baron: We're going to make '20 times our money' in Tesla

Interestingly, both of these clips showed up on my Apple news feed and then promptly dropped off to be replaced by recycled pieces on the Utah crash, executive departures etc.
The Utah fire truck crash was updated to truck crash, to make it look new. SEO peeps know their job.

Search engine optimization: using key words to make search relevant and fresh. Don’t need a fud conspiracy, just authors knowing how to rig the system and pick up some free money one click at a time.

The Utah fire truck crash was updated to truck crash, to make it look new. SEO peeps know their job.

Search engine optimization: using key words to make search relevant and fresh. Don’t need a fud conspiracy, just authors knowing how to rig the system and pick up some free money one click at a time.

Yeah, as fast as the Baron pieces dropped off my news feed I have to wonder if short hedge funds also have SEO peeps (and experts in optimizing placement on Apple, Google news, etc.) who use bots to move the negative articles up the list.

Ron Baron on CNBC says Doug Fields is on a 6-8 week sabbatical and will be coming back to work on Model Y.

Tesla is running at light-speed, billionaire Ron Baron says

Edit: Here is another portion of the interview. Billionaire Ron Baron: We're going to make '20 times our money' in Tesla

Interestingly, both of these clips showed up on my Apple news feed and then promptly dropped off to be replaced by recycled pieces on the Utah crash, executive departures etc.

Ron Baron: Doug Fields goes on sabbatical for 6-8 weeks, he’s coming back for the Model Y.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.