Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2. Although I think Elon is very intelligent and always has the best intentions and ethics at heart--and I'm a big fan of his--sometimes he just needs to keep other ramblings off Twitter. Arguing about unions and the state of journalism on social media is never going to be very fruitful. I think it will just in totality create more enemies. Better to just keep his nose down and let actions speak for themselves. Don't think Tesla employees want a union? Great. Hold a vote, then release the results, showing that the employees don't want it. Then move on. Let the vote do your talking for you.

100 times this. I do think Elon is creating a lot of enemies from the progressive side. Which is just unnecessary and potentially harmful.

If you say media are bad on Twitter you'll get a lot of s***, because people will compare you to Trump and
think you are against workers' rights, safety, health care, indipendent scrutiny, freedom of expression and you name what.
We know that Elon cares about workers safety (he said so and I don't know why I shouldn't believe him), we know that he said it many times and improved statistics, we know that he thinggs workers and Tesla are better off without UAW, we know that he's thinking about the countless and biased headlines regarding Tesla accidents, and he's thinking about the toxic relationship between ICE advertising and news outlets... but we know that here on TMC.
I have lots of friends (scientifically-minded people who deeply care about the environment and climate change) that see him just as a Hollywood-meets-SV evil billionaire, a supercool and more young Trump or Bezos.
I think not having them as "enemies" would be just better than this situation, because eventually Elon will have against established news outlets (LA Times, WSJ, WP) but also more indipendent-no profit like Reveal, Vox, etc.
I don't think it's positive.

100 times this. I do think Elon is creating a lot of enemies from the progressive side. Which is just unnecessary and potentially harmful.

If you say media are bad on Twitter you'll get a lot of s***, because people will compare you to Trump and
think you are against workers' rights, safety, health care, indipendent scrutiny, freedom of expression and you name what.
We know that Elon cares about workers safety (he said so and I don't know why I shouldn't believe him), we know that he said it many times and improved statistics, we know that he thinggs workers and Tesla are better off without UAW, we know that he's thinking about the countless and biased headlines regarding Tesla accidents, and he's thinking about the toxic relationship between ICE advertising and news outlets... but we know that here on TMC.
I have lots of friends (scientifically-minded people who deeply care about the environment and climate change) that see him just as a Hollywood-meets-SV evil billionaire, a supercool and more young Trump or Bezos.
I think not having them as "enemies" would be just better than this situation, because eventually Elon will have against established news outlets (LA Times, WSJ, WP) but also more indipendent-no profit like Reveal, Vox, etc.

I don't know but I think the " Pravda " site where people can vote on journalists and media, editors etc. is actually a good idea.

Do you expect any major buyer(s) such as T. Rowe and Tencent to buy a major stake in Q2, which we would see in August?

Q1 we saw a significant increase in institutional buying and I strongly suspect the same is true of Q2, although the effect on the SP has been nullified temporarily by the massive increase in short interest this quarter.

Purely speculation but if Tesla continues to ramp production toward 5K/week w/o serious hiccups (including fixing the CR brake issue) I would think the reduced risk would continue to attract institutional investors. But hard to know for sure -- at this point they may want to see solid progress toward profitability/positive cash flow first.

Just continuing the institutional investing trend from Q1 and what I expect we have had so far in Q2 would be very positive for the stock IMO. We'll see ....

I don't know but I think the " Pravda " site where people can vote on journalists and media, editors etc. is actually a good idea.

Until you start reading the comments section on ANY news or social media site and realize that a solid 70% of the human population consists of either morons or propagandists. Or both.

(Hmmm. I'm getting more cynical as I age).

And the judgement continues. And the second guessing. And the opinions that someone knows better without having walked in the man’s shoes for even a day.

Here is a truly altruistic man trying to save us from ourselves, working feverishly and tirelessly, creating tens of thousands of high quality jobs, taking it on the chin from all sides for YEARS, a lot of blows meant to destroy his companies and tarnish him personally and some of you think you know better what he should be doing. :rolleyes:

Let me be equally as judgemental then; if your friends think that about him then clearly they are bad judges of character and should stick to what they do know.

And no, I don’t think he’s perfect. And no I don’t always agree with things he does or says. But I’m wise enough to know I’m in no position to criticize him. He’s been remarkably patient with his detractors, heroically patient. Their bad behavior, which essentially amounts to bullying, should be stopped.

Last edited:
Until you start reading the comments section on ANY news or social media site and realize that a solid 70% of the human population consists of either morons or propagandists. Or both.

(Hmmm. I'm getting more cynical as I age).

If you believe that to be the truth, then it must apply to the journalists and news people themselves and the population as a whole. In which case, either they are stopped by the 30% from spewing the crap that they do or we might as well curl up into balls and die. Personally I’ve always been of the never give up mentality just like Elon. I blame that on my parents.

And the judgement continues. And the second guessing. And the opinions that someone knows better without having walked in the man’s shoes for even a day.

Here is a truly altruistic man trying to save us from ourselves, working feverishly and tirelessly, creating tens of thousands of high quality jobs, taking it on the chin from all sides for YEARS, a lot of blows meant to destroy his companies and tarnish him personally and some of you think you know better what he should be doing. :rolleyes:

Let me be equally as judgemental then; if your friends think that about him then clearly they are bad judges of character and should stick to what they do know.

And no, I don’t think he’s perfect. And no I don’t always agree with things he does or says. But I’m wise enough to know I’m in no position to criticize him. He’s been remarkably patient with his detractors, heroically patient. Their bad behavior, which essentially amounts to bullying, should be stopped.

I do think my friends are wrong, but they are really the least of Elon's problem. Check what the left/progressive/environmental-friendly are writing about Elon: I know my Twitter/FB feed is quite full of people worried about a rogue ultra-liberist billionaire that wants to write a Pravda website where people will vote what's true and what is not.
That is because Elon's words are read by billions of people, and these people read a tweet like this:
Thought you’d say that. Anytime anyone criticizes the media, the media shrieks “You’re just like Trump!” Why do you think he got elected in the first place? Because no ones believes you any more. You lost your credibility a long time ago.

His second tweet was better and more context-dependent:
Problem is journos are under constant pressure to get max clicks & earn advertising dollars or get fired. Tricky situation, as Tesla doesn’t advertise, but fossil fuel companies & gas/diesel car companies are among world’s biggest advertisers.

But the 1st got retweeted more than 3X the 2nd... And his poll actually is what everyone is now talking about, because he's trolling and fueling the discussion about that.

I just wished he was more careful with his words and talking just about EV mis-disinformation, being paid or not. But he feels very well (he just said that in a tweet) and when he feels well he feels invincible, with an ego the size of Mars.

I love the guy (why do you think I'm here everyday reading everything every day from 2015?) but he's not an omniscient god, and I worry this thing will backfire.

Even better, they hit 32 units per hour. Which would be 768 a day, 5,376 a week at 24/7 (if that were feasible)
500 a day is two 8 hour shifts * 32 per hour...
My interpretation is that the battery pack to body "marriage" step can run at 32 unit per hour (>5k/wk at 24/7), but the entire car production is still just at 500/day (3500/wk). Maybe it's still limited by 2 shifts as you showed.

Status
Not open for further replies.