Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is something to keep in the corner of our eyes:

PDVSA tells crude buyers it cannot meet full supply commitments for June: source - Oil | Platts News Article & Story

The source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said PDVSA is contractually obligated to supply 1.495 million b/d to those customers in June, but only has 694,000 b/d available for export.

This shortfall nearly offsets the US oil production increase in the last year, and global oil demand is set to jump in July, as it does each year. The OPEC is rumored to reverse production cuts, but that will take months to fully implement, and the oil market is already deeply undersupplied.

The preceding paragraph relates to the mid-to-longer term oil market fundamentals, but the Venezuela rumor could lead to a large spike in oil prices in the coming weeks. S&P Global Platts is a reliable oil news outlet, but the rumor has not yet been confirmed by a second source.

Either way, be prepared for a hot summer.

Article from Reuter about an uncomfortable truth:

As assumed:

“By 2030 every second job in passenger car powertrain will be impacted directly or indirectly by electromobility,” IG Metall said about the study (...)"

Productivity gains:

"Electric cars take 30 percent less time to assemble than current passenger vehicles, Osterloh said. (...)""
"A battery factory requires only a fifth of the workforce when compared with an engine plant, Osterloh said."

I am not sure about that one:

Germany is leading in terms of battery cell research but is giving battery contracts to foreign suppliers, Cammerer said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ustry-jobs-idUSKCN1J115L?utm_source=applenews

Article from Reuter about an uncomfortable truth:

As assumed:

“By 2030 every second job in passenger car powertrain will be impacted directly or indirectly by electromobility,” IG Metall said about the study (...)"

Productivity gains:

"Electric cars take 30 percent less time to assemble than current passenger vehicles, Osterloh said. (...)""
"A battery factory requires only a fifth of the workforce when compared with an engine plant, Osterloh said."

I am not sure about that one:

Germany is leading in terms of battery cell research but is giving battery contracts to foreign suppliers, Cammerer said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ustry-jobs-idUSKCN1J115L?utm_source=applenews

Ouch ~ Got Jobs?

Reactions: Intl Professor
GE is a contemporary example of an energy company whose hands are tied by dividends and thus cannot change as quickly with the times. Instead of being able to focus all efforts on R&D, it now needs to focus on raising cash. Isn't this one of the bigger issues Ford has faced as well? Here is the article link on GE:

"https://www.barrons.com/articles/general-electric-may-need-30-40-billion-in-cash-1528122279

One thing I certainly hope we do not hear about during today's meeting is any discussion about dividends. I am certain we won't, but it has been an off-and-on discussion on this board over the last year.

On this day in 1989 "Tank Man" stood before the entire Chinese Army while the world watched. It was one of the greatest acts of bravery in our lifetime. We visited Tienanmen Square a few years ago and it gave us chills to stand in a place where the number of casualties estimated still ranges from 180 to 10,454. "Tank Man" changed the course of history by bringing global awareness to these events...........not with Social Media, but by physically standing in front of the Chinese Army tanks at the demonstration. How many lives did he save, and how much can the greater freedoms that today's Chinese people enjoy be attributed to one man saying 'enough is enough'?

And today Elon stands before the world at he 2018 Shareholders Meeting in a deluge of FUD with a similar message that "enough is enough". How many lives will he save with his selfless acts of bravery in an effort to create a more sustainable future? My investment portfolio is 99% Tesla because of its leadership and because I sincerely believe that if Tesla doesn't make it as a company then we may not make it as a species. Standing by for a great afternoon. Forever grateful to Elon and the entire Tesla team!

a9db9bc4-415a-4e82-865b-05031373708b-original.png

On this day in 1989 "Tank Man" stood before the entire Chinese Army while the world watched. It was one of the greatest acts of bravery in our lifetime. We visited Tienanmen Square a few years ago and it gave us chills to stand in a place where the number of casualties estimated still ranges from 180 to 10,454. "Tank Man" changed the course of history by bringing global awareness to these events...........not with Social Media, but by physically standing in front of the Chinese Army tanks at the demonstration.

Just a side point, I am always curious, isn't this a proof that the military was disciplined? They didn't do anything to harm him as I read from other articles. Try to stop military or police missions in another country...

• Helpful
Reactions: Oil4AsphaultOnly
On this day in 1989 "Tank Man" stood before the entire Chinese Army while the world watched. It was one of the greatest acts of bravery in our lifetime. We visited Tienanmen Square a few years ago and it gave us chills to stand in a place where the number of casualties estimated still ranges from 180 to 10,454. "Tank Man" changed the course of history by bringing global awareness to these events...........not with Social Media, but by physically standing in front of the Chinese Army tanks at the demonstration. How many lives did he save, and how much can the greater freedoms that today's Chinese people enjoy be attributed to one man saying 'enough is enough'?

And today Elon stands before the world at he 2018 Shareholders Meeting in a deluge of FUD with a similar message that "enough is enough". How many lives will he save with his selfless acts of bravery in an effort to create a more sustainable future? My investment portfolio is 99% Tesla because of its leadership and because I sincerely believe that if Tesla doesn't make it as a company then we may not make it as a species. Standing by for a great afternoon. Forever grateful to Elon and the entire Tesla team!

Also say some good thoughts for the good voters of the U.S. today and later. We need some disruption there too.

Reactions: neroden
GE is a contemporary example of an energy company whose hands are tied by dividends and thus cannot change as quickly with the times. Instead of being able to focus all efforts on R&D, it now needs to focus on raising cash. Isn't this one of the bigger issues Ford has faced as well? Here is the article link on GE:

"General Electric May Need $30-$40 Billion in Cash

One thing I certainly hope we do not hear about during today's meeting is any discussion about dividends. I am certain we won't, but it has been an off-and-on discussion on this board over the last year.

I am sure requests for dividends by troll stock holders that want to defund the speed of innovation will happen. I also think it will be declined.

Reactions: Paracelsus
Status
Not open for further replies.