Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Porsche teaming up with Rimac. Probably a good move if they follow through.
Porsche buys stake, plans to partner with EV supercar maker Rimac
Probably a good move, Rimac has already built a great EV, the conecpt one, that has also a great software.
But that may not mean much, Jaguar has also partnered with Rimac in the past, Rimac made the power train for the Jaguar E-type Jaguar Worked With Rimac To Develop The All-Electric E-Type Zero, but it is unclear if anything from that collaboration has been brought to the I-Pace.
My guess is that Rimac could make the power train for a future Porsche if they partner.

Quite an (underrated) achievement:

plot3_ap_animated_miles_plot.png

Tesla Autopilot Miles | MIT Human-Centered AI

Great review on Model 3 specifically about driving dynamics.
Tesla Model 3 First Drive By Tech Forum - Watch Here

Indeed, thank you. Below are all three of the recent Model 3 reviews by Matt Shumaker. We must've been in same queue on 2016 MAR 31 to reserve our Model 3's, since early in the first video we see him visiting the Tesla store in Highland Park, Illinois to pick up his new car.

At that point, Tripp admitted to writing software that hacked Tesla’s MOS and to transferring several gigabytes of confidential and proprietary Tesla data to entities outside the company. This included dozens of photographs and a video of Tesla’s manufacturing systems.

I guess we found the leaker of the photos and the video of GA4 posted on Twitter recently

• Disagree
  • Informative
Reactions: bhzmark and skitown
In Government One I mentioned them from the 60s on. Second law and Prigogine from mid 70s as well.
An actual educational institution. impressive
Would you tells us which institution? thanks

side note: life seems to violate the Second Law
Newtonian Physics and Quantum Physics and thermodynamics - I need to do some more reading.

Last edited:
Probably a good move, Rimac has already built a great EV, the conecpt one, that has also a great software.
But that may not mean much, Jaguar has also partnered with Rimac in the past, Rimac made the power train for the Jaguar E-type Jaguar Worked With Rimac To Develop The All-Electric E-Type Zero, but it is unclear if anything from that collaboration has been brought to the I-Pace.
My guess is that Rimac could make the power train for a future Porsche if they partner.

Cars rolled onto my radar back when The Beach Boys sang their song "My 409'" and lived through the rotary engine and so forth.

Over the years engines became standard and monopolies grew to the point where we find the same engine in several makes and models of different manufactures. The same with standard parts like headlights, etc.

So, with the discussion of Rimac developing or having built a great EV and using the under-body (batteries & electric motors) for Jaguar and now Porsche ~ what is the point of different manufacturers other than to car body designs? And, is not Tesla positioning themselves right smack at ground zero to eat the auto industry alive? Maybe Tesla will allow Rimac some place to roam.

Maybe the shorts have a thought or two on this subject.

Reactions: neroden

Newtonian Physics and Quantum Physics and thermodynamics - I need to do some more reading.
No, life isn't a violation. The law is that the overall entropy of the universe increases. Energy moves from place to place all the time, and life is a mechanism for doing that. The entropy of an airconditioned room decreases, but only because the HVAC has moved the entropy outside.

Cars rolled onto my radar back when The Beach Boys sang their song "My 409'" and lived through the rotary engine and so forth.

Over the years engines became standard and monopolies grew to the point where we find the same engine in several makes and models of different manufactures. The same with standard parts like headlights, etc.

So, with the discussion of Rimac developing or having built a great EV and using the under-body (batteries & electric motors) for Jaguar and now Porsche ~ what is the point of different manufacturers other than to car body designs? And, is not Tesla positioning themselves right smack at ground zero to eat the auto industry alive? Maybe Tesla will allow Rimac some place to roam.
World monopoly not likely. Nor do I think Musk wants. With about 7 billion people and 100,000,000 vehicles made each year, there is plenty of room for many fine companies. I hope only the fine ones work out - hope the Walmart/Amazon types fail [ie.. go Costco].
Motorcycles - Elon seems to have zero interest in. interesting times for sure.

No, life isn't a violation. The law is that the overall entropy of the universe increases. Energy moves from place to place all the time, and life is a mechanism for doing that. The entropy of an airconditioned room decreases, but only because the HVAC has moved the entropy outside.

Yes. Basically all decreases in entropy on the Earth are matched and exceeded by increased entropy in the Sun. Life depends on sunlight. As its entropy increases, the sun will, in a few bililon years, destroy the Earth. But that's OK, we'll go extinct long before that.

No. Would blow whatever cover I have. Many students hated it. I remember one, otherwise good student exclaimed, "what the hell does the second law have to do with politics!" I was preparing them for concern about global warming.

Life is possible because of the second law as we are heat engines. There is a difference between closed and open systems as Ludwig Bertanlanffy pointed out in 1934.

Ludwig von Bertalanffy - Wikipedia

Popularized by no less than Erwin Schrödinger What Is Life? - Wikipedia

We must impose on our experiences a time element because of our digestive tract, in my humble view. With a little help from some microbes, but that's their digestion at work. In a private conversation after a lecture at the unnamed university, Kip Thorne said something like: "You could express mathematically our universe as only three dimensions, but the math gets much more complicated." I didn't ask if he had tried it; obviously I haven't. I trust him. Often I can't remember if I brushed my teeth today, let alone any higher math.

Edit: A WAG, probably you have to consider the universe a hologram as some have.

Stupid entropy. It's always in the last place you look.

• Funny
Reactions: Cobos
Status
Not open for further replies.