Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What Tesla’s ‘Delivery Logistics Hell’ Is Like for Model 3 Buyers
https://nyti.ms/2Dl59Ox

I think it is time to cancel my Times subscription.

All the 10000s cars delivered, they highlight the very small minority who had problems and create a click bait story from it.

It’s like a headline “Amazon package not delivered, should the SEC investigate?”

Why not focus on the real story: “Even during a huge and complicated scaling moment, thousands of amazing innovative cars get to thousands of happy customers”

Honestly this was a fair article. Have you *been* to the Model 3 forums here? It wasn't a small minority having delivery problems.

It has gotten much much better though.

Reactions: jbih
Considering lobbyists don’t get out of bed before five-figure paychecks begin I’m wondering what’s coming next

Electric car tax credit is just corporate welfare for Elon Musk

Shame that The Hill will publish trash like this

Wow, just wow. When the tax credit that is the topic of the opinion piece, signed into law by BUSH, was custom-crafted to assist GM in getting the Volt out without cratering. And that company that cratered ANYWAY was bailed out of their crater with my tax money, and is now doing buybacks (as if they earned all that money) and trying to keep Tesla from growing in dealer-run states, and and and ... hold on, gotta grab a paper bag...

Disgusting article. But what influenced her to write this??

Attachments

• FC6827C5-DDDD-4E8F-8776-75021445D662.png
    FC6827C5-DDDD-4E8F-8776-75021445D662.png
    598.5 KB · Views: 97
  • Informative
Reactions: imherkimer
Honestly this was a fair article. Have you *been* to the Model 3 forums here? It wasn't a small minority having delivery problems.

It has gotten much much better though.

Sure there have been some problems scaling from the S and X market to the bigger 3 market,
but 100,000 cars went out... I think the bigger story is that and not the few hiccups along the way.

And it is not just this article. Times has had a string of articles attacking Tesla, while ignoring the bigger picture of what is happening.

So Times readers were among those totally surprised when Tesla shipped a ton of cars and turned a profit in Q3.

I don't expect them to be cheerleaders, but wow, they are super one sided at this point, which this model 3 article shows.

I have unashamedly just lifted SW2Fiddler's post and placed a response in The Hill using it almost verbatim - well, I enhanced it a bit.....;)
Thanks, do have at it. I posted a couple of shorter snappy replies to specific comments in there before posting here. They weren’t like my TMC one. The hyperventilation was real by the time I got back here. (I’m the TX free wind power guy)

What JCI sale isn't: Prelude to a leap into EV batteries

"Johnson Controls International's battery business may have a new owner, but Power Solutions, as the unit is known, won't change its market strategy.

After last week's $13.2 billion sale to Brookfield Business Partners, Power Solutions President Joe Walicki says he will not chase his rivals into the global market for electric-vehicle batteries — something many in the industry probably assume is his logical next step.

"We will not participate in the high-voltage market," Walicki said of the EV segment. "The big consumer electronics suppliers are in that space. Our space is low-voltage batteries."

Walicki, whose business produces one-third of the world's car batteries, simply doesn't believe EV batteries are profitable.

Ghosn to be fired for misusing Nissan assets for personal use, arrested for misconduct

"Nissan is preparing to fire Chairman Carlos Ghosn for allegedly under-reporting his income and using corporate assets for personal use, a company spokesman said.

Ghosn has been arrested for possible violations of the country’s financial laws, the Yomiuri daily said on its website on Monday.

Nissan CEO Hiroto Saikawa, 65, will make the recommendation to dismiss Ghosn to the board of directors, Nissan spokesman Nicholas Maxfield said on Monday. The company is also planning to fire fellow board member Greg Kelly, who rose through the executive ranks as a director of human resources."

Especially when the crime seems to be under compensation.
Yes, in Horie's case, he was arrested for artificially inflating the corporate value, but this case, he was arrested for Incorrect under-reporting of his executive compensation. It seems that an employee who actually created financial reports reported the evidence to the prosecuter, getting a plea deal.

• Informative
Reactions: SpaceCash
Status
Not open for further replies.