Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did your Waymo friend have military background? Asking because I saw many - just anecdotally - former military at GF1. Their leadership is an asset for the company.

I think Tesla should re-exam their hiring practice. Martin Tripp case is a red flag. Calling his previous managers/colleagues probably would have screened him out. On the other hand some really good ones couldn't even get an interview. I know a friend who is one of the best in his field and has great personality. He really wanted to work for Elon (Tesla or SpaceX), even for free. But he couldn't get an interview, eventually went to Waymo. I can never understand why he couldn't get an interview with Tesla. I suspect nobody read his resume.

Reactions: DragonWatch
I think Tesla should re-exam their hiring practice. Martin Tripp case is a red flag. Calling his previous managers/colleagues probably would have screened him out. On the other hand some really good ones couldn't even get an interview. I know a friend who is one of the best in his field and has great personality. He really wanted to work for Elon (Tesla or SpaceX), even for free. But he couldn't get an interview, eventually went to Waymo. I can never understand why he couldn't get an interview with Tesla. I suspect nobody read his resume.

Tesla supports the military, so he may have gotten that first interview because of his Navy background.

Does GM, Ford, or FCA get perfect scores from feminist on how they handle sexual harassment in the workplace?
no, point taken. i’m not insinuating it’d be fair to blame tesla for what jurvetson did. but draper fisher dropped him. tesla board kept him. the media may just think it’s easier to unload on a target like tesla, since everyone else is piling on, and they’re well known. most people don’t even know who jurvetson is outside bay area. and i’m not even saying SJ did anything...it’s oure speculation as to why all of a sudden DH and many other female reported seem POed and changed tune since last summer

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
This is great. Also consider using Google/Waze in carpool mode, they match you up with riders that want to go the same path as you, and there is literally no waiting period to become a driver, no background check, nothing. As long as you pick riders that have multiple good ratings, should be safe enough? Or you go all the way as I did and sign up with Lyft and give people rides in your spare time Tesla Model 3 - driving on Lyft

I think these are great ideas. I no longer have a commute but am thinking about Turo-ing my Model 3 when not in use for the same reasons.

I am not far from the San Francisco airport and there is very high demand. Could use the proceeds for a small TSLA "dividend reinvestment" program. Only issue is that I might have to finally upgrade from charging on 120V (we all have our dirty little secrets ;)).

I will speak for the shorts

If he has proof that Tesla lied to investors or sent out battery packs they knew were a danger to the public, then yes, he is a hero.

If he is just some angry short, or bitter employee then he is a dirtbag.

Not sure anyone knows for sure.

Andrew Wakefield was caught taking a study about vaccines causing autism. He's a guaranteed dirtbag hailed by the anti-vaccine crowd. Same thing will happen here. At least among the crazier bears.

Last edited:
I’m not computer literate, but, there is an “Edit Profile” on Mr. Tripp’s bio page link.

When clicked, I don’t see any password requirements to make any - including photo upload - changes.

All the data fields are editable — and there is an empty email address field to confirm changes.

I clicked on a few other profiles there and found an 'edit' button on each. I didn't try, but I suspect that you'd get a login prompt before actually being able to edit the profile.

I have yet to figure out what he is trying to prove.
Business Insider has consistently been a bear haven on Tesla.

Another Tesla Caught On Fire While Sitting In A Toronto Garage This Month

I specifically remember this article coming out in 2014 about a garage fire in Toronto being the bear rally call.

I guess we know who the source for this June 4th Business Insider article was (Tripp).

Internal documents reveal Tesla is blowing through an insane amount of raw material and cash to make Model 3s, and production is still a nightmare

But what I found really interesting was both articles were written by the same reporter: Linette Lopez. Surprise, surprise, long time tesla hater gets documents from employee bent on having Elon “get what’s coming” to him.

So in review, long time animated tesla bear writing for a Tesla bear site gets or purchases in from from an adversarial employee that has worked at Tesla for 6 months...

But what I found really interesting was both articles were written by the same reporter: Linette Lopez. Surprise, surprise...

in response to another forum thread;

yeah, sounds about right. they have a different author taking credit on that article. they probably told linette lopez to cool down, after all she’s the one that wrote the fraudulent article to begin with, as you pointed out earlier. thanks for that, btw.
let’s not forget that BI sold out years ago...
Business Insider Sold to German Media Giant
but they never were really known for their credibility.

BI thumb down
Lopez two thumbs down

Another Tesla Caught On Fire While Sitting In A Toronto Garage This Month

I specifically remember this article coming out in 2014 about a garage fire in Toronto being the bear rally call.

I guess we know who the source for this June 4th Business Insider article was (Tripp).

Internal documents reveal Tesla is blowing through an insane amount of raw material and cash to make Model 3s, and production is still a nightmare

But what I found really interesting was both articles were written by the same reporter: Linette Lopez. Surprise, surprise, long time tesla hater gets documents from employee bent on having Elon “get what’s coming” to him.

So in review, long time animated tesla bear writing for a Tesla bear site gets or purchases in from from an adversarial employee that has worked at Tesla for 6 months...
I was referring to that guy shooting video of cars on the assembly line.

in response to another forum thread;

BI thumb down
Lopez two thumbs down
Lopez tweet quite on June 14th:

“This is brutal, and jibes with everything I've hear from Tesla employees since i started covering the company. “As a Tesla employee, I am really ashamed when my CEO is lying to the public.”

This was said in reponse to this guardian article: Tesla workers say they pay the price for Elon Musk's big promises

Since we now know Tripp was a source of her “internal documents”, it’s interesting reading this tweet that she put out which was before Tripp was named.

The way she quotes her own source from another article is interesting since it “jibes with everything I’ve heard from Tesla employees.” The seemingly deceptive techniques on full display. Fascinating to see how it works.

Tesla supports the military, so he may have gotten that first interview because
of his Navy background.

No military background. He has proven leadership. Elon said it's very important the person has a good heart. I totally agree, but does the HR has a way to tell who has a good heart?

Blech. Bluntly, if you're filtering for people with both a good heart and a good brain, giving preference to people who voluntarily joined the US military in recent decades is very much the wrong way to do it. Voluntarily joining *this* military, with its record of corrupt foreign invasions based on lies, abuse of prisoners, and so forth, is in my opinion actually a sign of either lack of wisdom (not noticing / not realizing) or lack of ethical standards (not caring). I'm sure this statement is going to tick a lot of people off, but it's the truth, many disillusioned veterans agree with me, and I will not discuss it further.

Anyway, I hope Tesla has hiring/interviewing practices which actually find the right sort of people.

I can't express how much I think twitter is a vast vast, vast waste land of angry, sad, misguided did I say angry people.

It seems to be a reflection of human nature and possibly life in general. When some thing is fresh and new, all is possible and full of hope. But over time, as it grows in function and utility, the "thing" matures. Then aberrant behavior starts to sprout up that begets more aberrations. Eventually, the aberrations overrun the "thing" and suffocates the life out of its host. Like a cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.