Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Forum Questions; I took the leap off the cliff!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,
I expect to become more active as ownership draws nearer. After placing a reservation last December, I finally gave the build order the other day. Now it is almost like being an expectant father during the last 6-8 weeks. :rolleyes:
Anyway, this has to do with general forum stuff. Any and all answers will be appreciated:
1. What is the basis for classifying those who post as members, new members, etc., etc., and who decides what?
2. Does any of this information, the suggestions or complaints ever reach Tesla management? Or are we just massaging ourselves?
3. I notice that some entries give their vehicle information at the bottom. How does one do that? I did not find a link on the member's settings page. I already figured out the avatar thing but still have to decide what it will be.
Thanks again in advance for any help. It is great to be in touch with a bunch of enthusiastic and knowledgeable people. Finalizing the car details before issuing the build order was made so much easier by reading the forum almost daily for the past 3 months.

Congrats and Welcome!

the Borg decides everything, you won't even know when assimilation is complete, it's subtle but freeing!

mostly we are just messaging ourselves but rumor has it that Telsa monitors this site.

you can change your signature by going to the upper right hand, click notifications, inbox, down on the left you should see edit signature, which allows you to put quite a bit of info that shows at the bottom of each of your posts.

Hi Caddieo,

Just for the record, TMC (this site) is independent of Tesla Motors and even though we know that plenty of Tesla employees read the site and GeorgeB even occasionally posts, you should NOT assume that posting here substitutes talking directly to Tesla if you have issues. That said, posting tips, wishes, experience and problems here undoubtedly helps other owners (as it did you) and probably Tesla also.

I had someone in Tesla management reach out to me via PM here at TMC. I was blown away that they went so far out of their way to help me figure some things out.
This was half a year ago when there wasn't as much heavy traffic in the forums though. I'm pretty confident that they are always checking TMC's pulse.

Welcome aboard.