Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General investing ideas, interesting high risk stocks.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a friend that ordered lets say for example, 50K shares anticipating on getting 30K in the IPO. It is usual to not get less than what you request in an IPO. Well he got all 50K! Unheard of unless there is something wrong fundamentally with the IPO. Just saying........

Also, I thought you were not able to short an IPO, at least until all shares are issued and the market is flowing wiith ample buys and sells.

If you buy Tesla's cars do you buy thier suppliers?

http://www.alcoa.com/global/en/news/news_detail.asp?pageID=20120622005011en&newsYear=2012

tesla_rcc.jpg

http://seekingalpha.com/article/682621-alcoa-a-rally-just-may-be-in-the-cards?source=google_news
On June 22, 2012, Alcoa saluted Tesla Motors on the introduction of the Tesla Model S electric vehicle, an all-aluminum premium sedan that accelerates from 0 to 60 miles per hour in 5.6 seconds, with zero tailpipe emissions.
The body of Model S is a state-of-the-art, aluminum-intensive design. Weight-saving benefits make aluminum a natural choice. Stamped sheets of aluminum, extrusions, and castings are expertly joined for rigidity and strength. A rigid and strong structure not only protects passengers, but also contributes to overall maneuverability behind the wheel. (Source:Bloomberg)

Last edited:
If you buy Tesla's cars do you buy thier suppliers?
When I bought my Prius, I liked it so much I bought shares of both Toyota and Panasonic, since Panasonic made the batteries. As investments, both have been worse than worthless. Toyota is down 7% and Panasonic is down 50% since I bought them. But I got to feel that I owned something I approved of. And with tiny amounts of both, my actual dollar loss has been insignificant.

For a year or so after I bought them they actually went up, and people on Prius Chat were shouting about what a wonderful investment Toyota was. Ha.