Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General investing ideas, interesting high risk stocks.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Game changer in the aluminium/rare earths production.

I mentioned Orbite before, but just went to the Annual Shareholder's meeting on friday.
That have achieved a lot in the last year and the next one, looks like it will be even better.

On a somewhat-Tesla-SpaceX-related note, Orbite announced last week that the have confirmed their extraction process
will produce scandium, in large quantities, so high strength aluminum alloys will become much more accessible.
Orbite will be the top scandium producer on this planet. No company in the world has the technology to produce 60 ton of scandium per year.
This is actually at least 10x current worldwide annual production, opening the door to new revolution in material/high strength aluminum alloys.

And the company should soon trade in the States... See the June 29th news here : Press Releases

Was looking at Organavo. The idea is amazing, and potential huge , if whatever process they use is proprietary. However they have not published in a medical journal for two and a half years. Anyone know why? It seems that it is not just their website, as I searched PubMed and could not find anything.

Wow, major pullback. I hope someone took some profits.

It looks like someone did take some profits. Not much volume there. But it appears to be slowly climbing back.

Publishing is tricky if you're trying to get FDA clearance - you cannot make claims that they haven't reviewed first. Anything that looks like you're trying to build market momentum prior to clearance and you have a problem. You can do it early ... as long as you don't have a product to sell.

They did bring a couple of good people on board recently, I'm waiting to hear more.

And again, anything I say here should not be taken as investment advice.

hey there agieleone...while diving a bit today..since i saw your rec. the stock has nearly doubled! thanks! kind of on the line for me as i like investing in 'cleantech' but hey, better than the regular extraction (i think).

Sort of off topic, but I invested in ONVO (Organovo) some month back. Yesterday I was taking someone for a quick lap of a nearby curvy, hilly road, and drove past... Organovo! I had no idea they were on Nancy Ridge Road about half a mile from my work!

hey there agieleone...while diving a bit today..since i saw your rec. the stock has nearly doubled! thanks! kind of on the line for me as i like investing in 'cleantech' but hey, better than the regular extraction (i think).

Happy someone noticed...

Still think it has some ways to go. Here are milestones expected before the end of the year :

- patent in Russia and China (announced today)
- JV with Rusal, World larget alum producer
- PEA on building Smelter grade aluminae plant
- resource update on their 1B tonne clay resource in Gaspésie, QC
- further sampling of new grounds claimed all the way to Quebec city. (gigantic claims taken a few months back)
- High Purity Alumina ( HPA ) Plant commissioned and producing by Jan 2013 : cash flow of 68M $ expected in 2013
check the plant as it is being built here : Image Gallery
Updated almost daily
- red mud remediation advances
- some surprises ?

A lot of stones in the oven...

I am beginning to think that this might pay for my Tesla !

As always ... Do your own due diligence ... :)

happy someone shared!!! ...if you have any other advice, i am all ears.

Here is another one I was buying more of a week ago along with Orbite ...

This one you might know, since it is Vancouver based : ssl.wt.a 19oct15
It is a leveraged way to play gold.

Not cleantech, but clean hands ... It is a gold streaming company.

Their CEO is very sharp and has been to the right school : Silver Wheaton, a ten bagger for me.

Here he explains their business model : Investor Centre | Sandstorm Gold Ltd.

As always ... DYODD ...

- - - Updated - - -

Just got this analyst report on ORT : http://glennas.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/initiating-coverage-on-orbite-euro-pacific-canada-september-18-2012.pdf

It is just 2 days and the stock price on the front page is wrong. Not 2.88, but 3.43.

Also, for our friends in the USofA, it now trades on the OTC electronic market : http://www.orbitealuminae.com/en/news/press-releases/orbite-aluminae-joins-otcqx-international-and-begins-trading-united-states/

Nice, this is exactly the type of progress I keep trying to point out to Petersen whenever he talks about EV's and resource constraint. I did pick up some EORBF a while ago because of this thread :smile: Maybe some day it will compensate for my losses in AONE :scared: