Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General maintenance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With my ICE car, I usually turn off the AC (but keep fans running) about 1/2 mile before I reach my destination to prevent the mildew smell from occurring. My MYP has HEPA filter, so I continue this practice to keep the mildew smell away?
ICE cars also have the bad smell problem if you let condensation sit in the lines and vents. I also do this in order to dry up the moisture. It does mean the last couple miles I'm sitting in a hot car but I've never once had stinky a/c in any of the cars.

Just saw this post. I actually recently just changed the filter on my 2021 MY which does not have that giant bio defense filter, just the regular 2xAC filter. It was getting that mildew/vinegar smell and I bought this cleaner based on recommendation that I saw (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007PHD0S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and the Tesla filter x 2 you need two of them for the AC and it came out real nice. And the new Tesla AC filter I got from the Tesla store looks different than the one that came installed with MY so not sure if that made any difference. I also thought about getting those HEPA filter but decided against it because of mix reviews and people discussing blocking airflow and etc so I just went the default route. Good luck.

Reactions: CyanideDN