TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

General question about referrals

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by KenF, Sep 5, 2018.

1. KenF

KenF Member

When does Tesla inform you that someone used your referral code - immediately upon use or only after delivery?

Thanks!

2. terrywhite

terrywhite Member

It shows up in your account when the person takes delivery.

• Like x 1
  3. jareade

jareade Supporting Member

When used, it shows up virtually immediately in your loot box as "Ordered" and then once delivered, it moves to "Delivered." If canceled, it shows up as "Canceled." It only counts for referral prizes when it is delivered. Most of the time, all of these actions appear almost spontaneously - every now and then they might lag a few days.

4. vumanchu

vumanchu New Member

Has anyone received the 20 or 22 inch wheels gift for referrals and do you know if they come with tires?

5. jareade

Yes and yes.

6. vumanchu

vumanchu New Member

Thank you! just ordered mine and cant wait to get them! How long did it take?

7. jareade

Expect to wait several months. Likely 2-4 months.

8. emadz89

emadz89 Member

I had someone add my referral code after ordering. They had confirmation that it was added. Hasn't shown up on my account as "Ordered"

9. outdoors

outdoors Member

Took one day to show for my most recent referral after ordering. Never paid attention to the delivery on app compared to when actually took delivery. I would think that might take more time with paperwork.....

10. hanergy

hanergy Member

I placed an order using a referral and it showed up on my referrer's app within 10 minutes. I also refreshed my referrer's site and saw the count go up so it's pretty instant upon placing an order.