Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General "Should I Wait for Upgrades" Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok.
Here's whats for sure in new MY already
- Metal scroll wheels
- Auto dimming side mirrors
- Double Panned Glass
- USB in glovebox
- Tail lights LED Yellow

Here's what is in the MIC Model Y that SHOULD be coming to the US models

- Updated Headlights
- Updated Center Console
- Updated Door Dash Trim
- Hepa/Biodefense Mode

Here is what is coming in the MX and MS that SHOULD come to the MY
-MCU3

Future end of Year??
- Updated Battery
-Air Suspension

Did I miss anything? This is all conjecture but we're hoping it's March.

You're missing heated steering wheel. I know California orders the most of these but keep us cold weather folks in mind ;)

I took delivery 1/27, Heated Steering, Metal Scroller, 1 YEAR Premium.

I think it's key to give more info about configuration when reporting having heated steering wheel. It seems to be all over the place in terms of who has it an who doesn't. There doesn't seem to be a delivery date or vin cutoff. I wonder if it is specific to RW/AW, location (e.g., prioritizing sending ones with Heated steering wheel to colder climates), particular color batch, etc.

I asked my Tesla rep about the heated steering wheel. Response: "we can ensure you get one manufactured with the heated steering wheel".

Sounds like you just need to reach out to your representative and make sure you get the features you want (if they are available, re: console).

I asked my Tesla rep about the heated steering wheel. Response: "we can ensure you get one manufactured with the heated steering wheel".

Sounds like you just need to reach out to your representative and make sure you get the features you want (if they are available, re: console).

The key here is:" manufactured" my feeling is that this would become a paid feature after delivery. Otherwise, the heated steering wheel should be part of the premium interior description. And let's not forget about the new language added :

upload_2021-1-29_14-12-3.png

The key here is:" manufactured" my feeling is that this would become a paid feature after delivery. Otherwise, the heated steering wheel should be part of the premium interior description. And let's not forget about the new language added :

View attachment 632000

i don’t think so.
some new owner get the heated steering wheel for free already.
it would make them unhappy if new software upgrade remove the feature, unless they pay extra for it.

Can you confirm it is actually active and you can turn it on? There seems to be some question here as to whether it is just coming with the hardware and they may charge later to activate or it is actually functional now?

Yup I been using it every morning. I thought i would never use it living in San Diego, but it's still quite nice having them

Reactions: BrianD