Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

generation 2 wall charger color identification

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How can you determine the color of the charger from the outside of the original shipping box.....part#, etc? Looking to be able to determine the charger is silver/grey.

Thanks...

I bought a Silver 24' cable and the P/N 1050067-01-E
I did a few searches with that number and the ones i find show Silver. Hope this helps.
Sorry for the not-so-clear pic

upload_2018-12-28_10-2-46.png

I bought a Silver 24' cable and the P/N 1050067-01-E
I did a few searches with that number and the ones i find show Silver. Hope this helps.
Sorry for the not-so-clear pic

View attachment 364343

If it has it's own power and charges the car's battery....guess what?....it's a "charger".

If it receives its' power from the house power......plugs into the car and charges it....it's a charger....regardless of what's between it and the actual battery. It's called a wall "charger".

Yes.....and that is why it's a "wall charger"......really doesn't matter...I just needed to know how to identify the color from the outside of the box of the "wall connector charger".

The name on the box is connector. See quoted pic. It connects power to the car and uses the charger that is physically installed in the car itself. Therefore 2 facts that make it a wall connector.

There have been numerous threads that could have been 10 pages less for diagnosis of an issue with the internal car charger because of incorrect term usage.

• Love
Reactions: Zluz