Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Generation three door handle stuck out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have now had two problems with my gen three door handles. Both times it has been stuck out. One time the motor was corroded, odd, any thoughts? (Corrosion was on top of motor that you can see) Second time was a little more complicated. As seen in picture silver is part of the door handle connected by four screws. However in the picture when I push with my thumb the middle back rubber part hits the rubber causing the door to acknowledge the resistance and stay extended ( this is shown at the top of metal part when followed to thumb at the top the sunlight disappears where there should be a space) . I took apart the door handle and rescrewed the four screws to adjust the plastic from
Hitting resistance from top on way back. However, my door now closes but the silver handle rotates up and down. If untouched by human hand it works perfect, but if touched or opened by hand it gets stuck out again unless my hand flicks the metal up then it will retract. Keep in mind this is not me putting the door handle four screws on wrong while reinstalling the plastic door case. Those are done correctly. Am curious what you guys think the problem can be. When I take apart the door there was a plastic part that freely moved however had no oem part to secure it like the rear side. Was toying with idea of superglue by my p90D is in Florida and unlike my Michigan home gets way hotter. Any ideas of what it is, or what I should use to secure my plastic to the metal? I missed Exact pictures of the. Plastic part that moves but I can probably grab some if y’all don’t understand from my
Shitty way of describing it
View attachment 840347View attachment 840346