Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Genesis GV60

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The GV60 looks nice, but if not in a rush I'd wait to see what the Polestar 3 is like. I really liked the Polestar 2 Performance, by far my favorite non-Tesla EV to date all things considered, and I came really close to buying one last fall (deposit placed and car assigned) before changing to M3P.

P2 is slightly smaller than a Model 3 though so not for the OP, but the upcoming P3 could be just right.

As for GV60 bass/catfish mouth grill, it's fine. As shown above many Aston Martins have that shape in front and they mostly look great. Original Model S has the same shape, not as nice looking as an Aston but it's fine and the overall car still looks great. Just stare at an i4 or iX grill for a bit and I promise the GV60 grill will look 100% fine afterwards. 😁

My sentiments exactly
So - you don't like the MC20 either, I take it? Because it looks like a catfish?

1645214240839.png

Need to keep is classy. Some cars using the fishmouth grill shape have evolved the design in a direction that's too gaudy or racy-looking for the best road car aesthetics. DB9 was the epitome of that grill shape.

2016-aston-martin-db9-gt-bond-edition_100525155_h.jpg

So - you don't like the MC20 either, I take it? Because it looks like a catfish?

View attachment 770938
It’s not that I dislike that grill style in general, it’s just so poorly integrated on the GV60 when compared to the overall lines (especially ugly on the white color variant). Especially in person those Genesis grills are just a big chunk of crisscross patterned ABS plastic, which cheapens the overall look.

It’s not that I dislike that grill style in general, it’s just so poorly integrated on the GV60 when compared to the overall lines (especially ugly on the white color variant). Especially in person those Genesis grills are just a big chunk of crisscross patterned ABS plastic, which cheapens the overall look.
Fair enough. The Genesis grills have always bugged me too - seems to the their "thing." I've always been bothered by the M3, and a bit by the MY - for the "frog" like look. I guess everything has the potential to grow on some people - but I do agree the Genesis grills are somewhat over-exaggerated for some reason.

Reactions: tm1v2
Need to keep is classy. Some cars using the fishmouth grill shape have evolved the design in a direction that's too gaudy or racy-looking for the best road car aesthetics. DB9 was the epitome of that grill shape.

2016-aston-martin-db9-gt-bond-edition_100525155_h.jpg
In all candor - the DB9's have really never done anything for me. And - once Ford started mimicking the front end (or is it the other way around), I can't look at them without seeing a Ford Fusion.

1645216884922.png

I'll also agree about Genesis grills being overly large, overdone, and gaudy. But that's been an industry trend for a while now, I think started by Audi and the Detroit big 3's pickups. If you knock the GV60 for it you'll have to knock a whole lot of cars unfortunately! (But fairly so. :))

Reactions: Doc Brown
I'll also agree about Genesis grills being overly large, overdone, and gaudy. But that's been an industry trend for a while now, I think started by Audi and the Detroit big 3's pickups. If you knock the GV60 for it you'll have to knock a whole lot of cars unfortunately! (But fairly so. :))
Dammit. Now I'm not going to be able to look at a car without focusing on how big the grill is . . . dammit.

• Funny
Reactions: tm1v2