Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Geneva Motor Show - Zurich to Geneva on Friday, 9th of March 2012

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
on openchargemap, I added a mennekes chargepoint in luxemburg!
it's near a garden-shopping-center

Cactus Bascharage
6, avenue de Luxembourg
Bascharage
+352 26 50 50 1

Equipment Details

Comments:
Pour l'utiliser, il faut d'abord se rendre à l'accueil du magasin pour obtenir le prêt d'une carte. Le service est factur 4 € de l'heure pour les voitures, 2€ pour les 2 roues

Access:
En venant de Luxemboug- Ville, suivre la direction Dippach-Schouweiler,traverser Bascharage direction Pétange par l'avenue de Luxembourg. En venant de Esch/Alzette, prendre l'autoroute A13 direction Ehlerange-Petange, sortir à Bascharage, dans le rond point Biff, prendre la première à droite. En venant de France à partir du PED, suivre la direction Petange, direction Esch, sortir à Bascharage, dans le rond point Biff, prendre la quatrième à droite. En venant d'Athus, suivre la direction Petange sur A13, sortie rond point Biff à Bascharage.
Number Of Points: 1
Usage: Public - Membership Required
Usage Cost: 4€ pour voitures 2€ 2 roues
Last Updated: 26 days ago
Connection Power Level Status Qty
Mennekes Unknown 1
Comments and Ratings
No comments submitted.
Advanced
OpenChargeMap Ref: OCM-9115
Data Provider: OpenChargeMap Contributor

So you need to ask the accescard at the reception of this shop

It's 4€, but I do not know how many amps or volts

Got it here Connexion

Still on my wishlist, but make sure you have a Mennekes -> Tesla cable which is capable of 63A! The one we/I have is suited for only 32A :(
like this :wink:

62196 Type 2 To Tesla Roadster Cable.JPG

Yes I added all 3! :biggrin:
All found by accident by surfing on internet!
Quoted in one or other article, so I added it! ;-)

Be careful doing that. We've had instances where people on a forum have sworn it was charger x at a location when it turned out to be charger y.

Best to verify it.

Anyone used the HPC at the Total Cambre in Brüssel? http://www.total.be/be/content/NT00013732.pdf

That's €4 / 10 minutes or roughly 8 miles :scared:

I'm thinking about taking this route: Londensekaai, Middelburg naar Londensekaai, Middelburg - Google Maps

The only stretch I'm worried about is to and from Geneva, that's roughly ~350km, to much imho. I want to stay <300km just to be safe.

I'll be in Rust (Europapark) for a couple of days, so even slow charging with 16A would be sufficient there.

According to my knowledge all these charging points should be 60A ~ 70A, right? Middelburg -> Geneva should be do-able in one day ;)

Firstly, many thanks for this offer... Man! I am starting to think seriously about this trip... Dude!

But Aix to Geneve is 383Kms... and probably some climbing too. Is that a single charge journey?
Mark

I plan to charge the car in Grenoble 260 km from my house with a 32A plug that mean that I need to wait for a full refilling battery around 6 hours. I can have two plug 220V 32A

You may want to take this conversation to another thread or via PMs/email, but how is that Roadster rental working for you ? I have considered doing the same but right now I'm way to protective of Tez to rent him out!

Mark

We can plan the trip by e-mail it will be better. I do not want to bore the other. It is hard to be knew but after that it work.

We can plan the trip by e-mail it will be better.

I sent you a plan for the route. Here's the highlights...

For me this is going to be a 3 day trip each way, with 6x90% charge cycles through places where I doubt it will be that easy to get 32A outlets.

Day 1:
Madrid-Zaragoza 318kms
Charge (unknown)
Zaragoza-Barcelona 305kms
Charge in a hotel (unknown)

Day 2:
Barcelona - Narbonne 253kms
Charge (unknown)
Narbonne - Aix-en-Provence 242kms
Charge at your place (thanks)

Day 3:
Aix-en-Provence - Grenoble 241kms
Charge
Grenoble - Geneva 142kms
Charge at Conference centre or hotel (I hope!)

And one final question ... are all 32A outlets the same? I have this cable from Tesla (never used it):
photo (7).JPG

Last edited:
That's a UMC with a single phase blue 3 pin plug. I would make an adapter to convert blue to red 5 pin in case you come across 3 phase outlets - which you almost certainly will in Switzerland. It should cost you about €30 tops.

You will need to get these two items from a Spanish hardware store:

MK Commando Interlocked Straight Connector 32A 2P+E 200-250V (IP44) Screwfix.com

49232_P.jpg

380-415V MK Commando Interlocked Straight Plug 3P+E+N (IP44) Screwfix.com

81911_P.jpg

Make sure you ask for the 32 Amp versions of both

Join them together with 4mm sq cross-section cable. Connect L1 in the red to L in the blue, N to N and E to E.

Alternatively Tesla could furnish you with a UMC pigtail that has the red 5 pin plug on directly (like German and Swiss customers get), then you have both. Will probably cost you more that way though.

(I have a similar home made red-blue adapter here as a last resort)

I already traveled from Germany to Murcia and then back to Geneva. Most sockets are 16A only (Schuko) and yachting ports, there are often the blues ones (one phase) 32A CEE, but also 3-phase 32A CEE. A good idea is to see the local fire brigade, the may have 32A sockets. I did charged in Sabadell (contacted EMOVEMENT or ask Patrick from Volt-Tour) in Spain and in Narbonne, where the offical charging station in the underground garage didn't worked well, but the socket at the carwash worked fine. (16A).

Last edited: