Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GenII hw autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Hiroshiy,
No, unfortunately key fob does not seem to activate summon. At first I thought it was the distance, so I moved pretty close. Then I thought I was not holding it down long enough - nope. Then I looked for any settings in the configuration - no. Lastly, I tried my second key fob, just to make certain this is not a problem with one of the two I have. None seems to work. I am thinking about e-mailing Yokohama service center to ask about the problem. It's not a huge inconvenience, but it would be nice for it to work.
Another problem, summon does not activate in the covered (basement) parking facilities. On my phone it errors out with can't determine location via gps... as you've said, it's really useful to make use of summon in cases parking spot is adjacent to a column or a support pillar or a wall - unfortunately in the basement parking conditions that does not work... sadly.
LOL. Yes, my SUV neighbor is clearly a very important person ;-)
Yeah, reading through the forum, key fob summon is disabled for countries outside U.S.

Re; underground, same thing happened to me. Actually I'm using TeslaFi and it seems recent firmware has a bug that reports the current location as Florida, USA for some reason, when GPS signal is lost. That's why it doesn't work in covered or underground parking, I guess. Before, the location was reported correctly using last known location and or based on cellular triangulation. Hope Tesla will fix Florida problem soon!

Did everyone get the email with the update today? Autopilot update has traffic light awareness now. I ddin't actually get the update notification on the car just the email through.

"オートパイロット最新版では、トラフィックアウェア クルーズコントロール、オートステリアング、自動車線変更、自動縦列・並列駐車、ベータ版サモン機能、自動緊急ブレーキ、前面・側面衝突警告などの機能が追加され、より快適なドライブをお愉しみいただけます"

I don't use autopilot in the city but interesting that this has rolled out in Japan, thought it would have been a real fight to get it through legally.

Did everyone get the email with the update today? Autopilot update has traffic light awareness now. I ddin't actually get the update notification on the car just the email through.

"オートパイロット最新版では、トラフィックアウェア クルーズコントロール、オートステリアング、自動車線変更、自動縦列・並列駐車、ベータ版サモン機能、自動緊急ブレーキ、前面・側面衝突警告などの機能が追加され、より快適なドライブをお愉しみいただけます"

I don't use autopilot in the city but interesting that this has rolled out in Japan, thought it would have been a real fight to get it through legally.

Maybe you're with AP2, so they sent the info that had been already available for AP1 owners.
Instead, today I received the mail about the new referral program and new SC locations coming this year.

No mail at for me...

Yes, nether hardware set up, AP1 nor AP2, will handle traffic lights. It's still highway-only, limited access roads. I read limited access as roads that do allow cars to enter the road perpendicular to your car (no driveways or cross-streets).

Hi Dozodomo,

With a bit more research, I believe the e-mail you have received is about upcoming in Japan AP2 update. This version has already been rolling out in US for a couple of weeks. This is the update Elon was referring to as "New control algorithm feels as smooth as silk."

Had the update for perpendicular parking last week, should be useful in Japan. However I still ahven't worked out the sweet spot in distance needed from parking space to allow it to recognise the space. Anyone else been able to use it?