Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GenIII, "We really need to find a better name for it"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I the Twitter conversation going on with Elon Musk on Japolnik, he calls it an 'E' as in Model E.

Ask Elon Musk Anything You Want About Nikola Tesla, Tesla Motors, And SpaceX

Just came to post this. His exact quote is: "There will definitely be more models after the S and X. Maybe an E :)"

Note the smiley face. I think this is the name of the car. Elon has either been reading this forum or, more likely, just been thinking along the same lines as many of us who have suggested Model E in this thread.

Confirmation of Robert Boston's earlier statement on this thread:

Based on Tesla’s third-generation platform, Musk vowed the car will “look great and perform better than anything in its price range,” adding that it will not be called the Model E. “I was joking when I said ‘Model E,’” Musk told Wired.

Back to the speculation people...

Oooo that TEG is quick....

I have to put my vote in against "Model T". It immediately brings up images of old, slow, outdated ICE technology and Ford motor company. Hard to imagine any worse connections for the Gen3 car. Model E would have worked for me. After all, "E" in l33t is 3 :biggrin:

Elon said it during the last earnings call, we really should find a better name for the GenIII car. Here it goes then. Assuming we are staying withe the "Model -" type naming, I think it might make sense to call the GenIII line of cars the Model M.

We can then have variants:
Model MS = Sedan
Model MX = Crossover
Model MT = Truck

The question would be the next Roadster which I will guess gets it's own letter in Model R

I still like the suggestion that started this thread by gjunky. However my reasoning is that Elon usually refers to the the next generation car as the car for the "masses". (i.e. everyone) So I'm going with Model M with the license plate of "M4EV1"