Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GenIII, "We really need to find a better name for it"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My preference goes to: Model E

and Model C for an eventual smaller compact sized

(and it doesnt bother me that other companies use the letter E, since its a single letter, the same way many companies could use GT, or SE, LX for trims)

"Model S, E, and X"
LOL

This is a real objection, right? Not just a joke? I can almost imagine (with a bit of effort and putting myself in another cultures shoes), that being able to spell SEX by cherry picking a single letter from 3 model names and rearranging them in a different order so you could fabricate this "Taboo" word, would be a scandal in the US. It goes to show you should always check with people in a given culture to avoid mishaps. ;)

Last edited:
SEX sells! Doesn't it?

I guess that Tesla holds itself to a higher moral code. As for Fisker, well, don't get me started on the Q-Drive.

fiskerad5.jpg

OT: I thought that SLO was the new fast, Lloyd, but now that your P85 is gone, I think the average land speed just fell 0.1 MPH in town.

I already associate Falcon with X.

Except they are ships on different sides of the wars.

- - - Updated - - -

Keep the name as it is. GEN III implies the 3rd Generation of (electric) car. Leafing the current generation of ICE powered cars as the second, the steam or electric powert cars a century ago as the first generation.

"Leafing" Perfect!

Though the Roadster is Gen 1.

SEX sells! Doesn't it?
In the case of Fisker e.g., it seems something more was needed than a stereotypical model in leather underwear (?), full make-up, blonde hair that someone likely had to spend an hour+ (?) on and high heels – holding a… (se post #128 e.g. in this thread)

Regardless of how one feels about Apple, since their turnaround in ’98, they seem to have done pretty good for themselves without the kind of stereotypical Mad Men* commercials Fisker placed their bets on.

Does any of the most successful brands in the automotive market use this kind of 'Fiskeresque' advertising?

IMHO it’s about what Elon said at the latest shareholders meeting when asked about brand. Paraphrasing: It’s about the product.

So it seems to me that instead of SEX, it’s about technology, engineering, design, the user interface, quality and customer service.

And for the people in the know about our shared environmental challenges Tesla has also taken over the halo that made the Prius such a success.

*The tv-series...

Last edited:
Does any of the most successful brands in the automotive market use this kind of 'Fiskeresque' advertising?

I have for years thought that Carls Jr.'s advertising was quite ridiculous in this regard, and at times insulting, though the closest thing to cars that they are selling is the the toy in a kiddie meal in a drive-thru.

Kate Upton Banned Super Bowl Commercial- The Southwest Patty Melt at Carls 2013 - YouTube

s ® - YouTube

Bikini Audrina Patridge Teriyaki Burger at Carls Jr - YouTube

Carls Jr. ~ Girlfriend - YouTube

Back on topic: I really don't care if they call Gen 3 the Tesla Dung, so long as they get it right.

Except they are ships on different sides of the wars.
Lost me on that one.

- - - Updated - - -

In the case of Fisker e.g., it seems something more was needed than a stereotypical model in leather underwear (?), full make-up, blonde hair that someone likely had to spend an hour+ (?) on and high heels – holding a… (se post #128 e.g. in this thread)
"So easy a caveman can do it in high heels"
Coming to an SNL near you.