Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Genius! Tesla's designers made the space between the rear wheel wells EXACTLY...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...the right width to fit 2 large pizzas. I was delivery dad to my son's school today, delivered 12 pizzas. They fit perfectly (the kids already grabbed some boxes before I could snap a pic...)

20130426_115625_resized.jpg

In proper TMC fashion, I believe we should have a multi-page debate on a few branch topics:
(1) optimal pizza box stacking pattern for space efficiency
(2) optimal pizza box stacking pattern for retaining pizza freshness and shape
(3) estimated heat produced per box and associated climate control recommendations
(4) how many miles could be driven if pizza heat was translated into battery energy
(5) the "correct" mixture of pizza topping combinations expressed as a function of N pizzas
(6) whether the "60" 2nd row seat should be kept up or put down
(7) with climate control set at a specific comfort level (say 70F), how long the pizza will remain "reasonably fresh"; and estimate that in miles as a function of S (speed)
(8) how efficient pizza is as a combustible fuel compared to standard sources

;)

9) How long until Tesla partners with Domino's to create vehicles with heat coils in the frunk...
10) How Pizza Hut/Papa Johns/local pizza shop is much better than Domino's (which gets moved into Snippiness)
11) How come I can't get that in my car now?
12) Al & Ed's putting the coils in the rear trunk area

(4) how many miles could be driven if pizza heat was translated into battery energy

How about 'food energy' could be put into the battery.

So lets say you can stack 10 high. You could fit 20 pizzas.

Dominoes says there are ~2400 Calories in a single large pepperoni pizza.
Nutritional Info CalMeter - Domino's Pizza, Order Pizza Online for Delivery - Dominos.com

For a grand total of 48,000 Calories. Not too bad, but food Calories are equivalent to 1000 calories, so add three zeros. That is roughly 55.8 kWh of energy. Or a full charge on a 60kWh car!
48000000 calories in kWh - Wolfram|Alpha

So if you can manage a paltry 300 Wh/mile you could drive about 186 miles.

In proper TMC fashion, I believe we should have a multi-page debate on a few branch topics:
(3) estimated heat produced per box and associated climate control recommendations
(5) the "correct" mixture of pizza topping combinations expressed as a function of N pizzas
(7) with climate control set at a specific comfort level (say 70F), how long the pizza will remain "reasonably fresh"; and estimate that in miles as a function of S (speed)

;)

Brianman, thanks for a great laugh today. I needed it! :)

Now, the real pending question is - what should be in those boxes: Sally's or Pepe's pizza in New Haven, Lombadi's or John's in NY, or maybe Pizza Uno (original) or Gino's in Chicago -- for all pizza super-fans?

And, even more important who does it best - New Haven, NY, or Chicago?

(My vote: Sally's in New Haven and for those who really know the secret spots: Roseland in Derby, CT)

Slightly OT, but I was at Lowe's today and picked up three upper cabinets 24 x 36 x 12", each in a protective box.

I rolled a flatbed cart out to Nikki, and immediately drew a crowd. One-third was Lowe's employees asking if I needed help with those big boxes and two-thirds customers quizzically trying to figure out how i would get them home. The precipitant was me opening the frunk and hefting the big box up, only to realize it wouldn't fit. At the height of gawking I had 12 people around me -- I simply dropped the back seats and pushed all three boxes neatly in. They fit rather amazingly, but there was lots of room on each side for lots more stuff that I didn't have.

Tesla time ensued, of course... 45min later I was finally driving home again. :wink:

Wow.

;)

:biggrin::tongue::biggrin:

;)

How about recipes for cooking meals by placing them on the hot engine. What a fun thread that would be. Baked potatoes anyone?
Oh I forgot- no engine, :smile:
cooking.JPG