Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

(Genuine) Tesla CCS1 Adapters Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tps5352

Supporting Member
-- Application period for these adapters is now closed. Sorry. --

I have previously posted about CCS1 adapters and (what a surprise) offered opinions. In particular:
  • That the best adapter choice, imo, is a genuine Tesla-designed adapter for charging Tesla-made cars.

• With the Korea-to-North-America pipeline apparently plugged, that purchase opportunities still exist.

• That interested buyers should avoid expensive online auctions and search (locally) for more reasonably-priced Craig’s List sales.
Following my own advice I’ve recently made two purchases of genuine Tesla-Korea CCS1 adapters (with factory boxes). They should go to good homes.

Here are the Rules and more information:
  1. There may be additional general administrative administrative announcements. But from here on, please communicate with me ONLY through PMs/DMs (private/direct messages). (I.e., I will not respond to or look kindly upon public requests left here.)

2. Briefly, tell me your story. Why do you need/want a Tesla-Korea CCS1 adapter right now? (As opposed to waiting for Tesla or using an aftermarket/third-party adapter?)

3. Please be prepared to respond to these three (fair/unfair?) allegations:
    1. You do not need a CCS1 adapter.

2. You just want one in order to sell an adapter online on you-know-what (eB).

3. Your car is not even a Tesla or CCS-enabled.
  4. I get to take my time reviewing messages, as needed.

5. If any neutral parties (who don't need an adapter) want to weigh in about who should get one or otherwise help, fine. Please contact me by PM.

6. This is not an auction or a negotiation. The price will be what I paid ($350*) plus the cost of insured shipping if necessary. (I assume I can just re-seal the Tesla box and ship in that?) If that price is too high for you, I understand. Tesla will provide them for less, eventually, I'm sure.

Your (excess) money's no good here.

7. (Unless it involves a new, red Tesla Roadster...) Forget attempts at bribery.

For this I'd be prepared to listen...

8. The adapters are basically new, in opened boxes.

9. Why were they for sale? Because sellers learned their cars weren’t CCS-enabled, or had second-thoughts about their actual need for one or CCS-charging in general, or needed the money, or something.

10. When I met the two sellers, they were nice; regular people. No problems/issues. We chatted about Teslas.

11. Why am I doing this? Among other things, to prove my prior points (see above), to demonstrate the value of local free online markets (e.g., Craigslist) and to entertain us, a little.
_____
* I originally purchased two adapters directly from Harumio at their standard prices. I sold one and kept the other. The adapters for sale here are not them, and were purchased recently using Craigslist.

W. Box with Adapter.jpg

-- Application period for these adapters is now closed. Sorry. --

Attachments

• Bribery - 3.jpg
    Bribery - 3.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Which specific Tesla models do these work with?
mostly 20 on and refreshes. some 2021 summer 3 & Y - no.

Easy to check. i think it is software->additional information (or something like that) If you see something like CCS enabled, you can use one. If I remember, I'll pdate with a pic when I fiddle around with the app and auto rebooting later.

This is a viable and reasonably priced option and you don't have to play games