Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Geocacher Roll Call

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since I'm a new member here I've been browsing the site eagerly waiting for my Model 3. One thing I've enjoyed doing is researching supercharger locations and reading up on ones that are opening. It seems to be a fun game of searching for new locations and documenting the progress of them being built. That got me thinking that these charging locations could be potential spots to hide geocaches as a way for owners to pass time while charging.

Shout out if you are an active Geocacher!

I'm mzairboy, and I currently have 2,074 finds and 28 hides.

Since I'm a new member here I've been browsing the site eagerly waiting for my Model 3. One thing I've enjoyed doing is researching supercharger locations and reading up on ones that are opening. It seems to be a fun game of searching for new locations and documenting the progress of them being built. That got me thinking that these charging locations could be potential spots to hide geocaches as a way for owners to pass time while charging.

Shout out if you are an active Geocacher!

I'm mzairboy, and I currently have 2,074 finds and 28 hides.
I had a similar thought a few months ago, but being as there are very few superchargers within reach we hadn't done it yet. I'll be using the Columbia, MO SC this weekend and we bought some geocache creating stuff a few months ago, this could be our first Tesla GeoCache!

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
659 finds on my current ID. Had a previous ID but lost the GPS receiver and then forgot the ID. Had well over 300+ caches on that ID.

I'm thinking of setting up a virtual cache at those SCs that do not have one nearby.
No maintenance needed for the cache. Just allows Tesla owners/lovers and those few non-believers to find them.