TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Geocacher Roll Call

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mzairboy, Jun 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. mzairboy

mzairboy Member

Since I'm a new member here I've been browsing the site eagerly waiting for my Model 3. One thing I've enjoyed doing is researching supercharger locations and reading up on ones that are opening. It seems to be a fun game of searching for new locations and documenting the progress of them being built. That got me thinking that these charging locations could be potential spots to hide geocaches as a way for owners to pass time while charging.

Shout out if you are an active Geocacher!

I'm mzairboy, and I currently have 2,074 finds and 28 hides.

2. SR22pilot

SR22pilot Member

My kids got me into it. It isn't something that I do all the time but it is a nice family outing thing to do. Just did a fun one where we had to pour water on a rock to make the coordinates appear.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

I had a similar thought a few months ago, but being as there are very few superchargers within reach we hadn't done it yet. I'll be using the Columbia, MO SC this weekend and we bought some geocache creating stuff a few months ago, this could be our first Tesla GeoCache!

• Like x 1
  4. Half Dollar Bill

Half Dollar Bill Traveller, teacher, poet, accountant

More difficult to search the membership rolls now, but there was a metal-worker that was hiding some of his work at superchargers a while back. Maybe he was on TM. Dave the Smelter?
    Anyway, sounds like fun!

5. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

Dave the Smelter did indeed. Haven't seen him at TM for awhile. Maybe he'll make a return with a new crop of goodies.

6. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

And..... we forgot our stuff... :mad: