Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

George Blankenship Retires from Tesla Motors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would respectfully suggest that those who have downplayed George's contributions or stated that he probably needed to go really don't have a good handle on his dedication and contributions to Tesla. His passion and contributions for us as owners were also huge. I've met him twice and interacted with him on a few other occasions and always had huge respect for him.
He was truly excellent at sales, but he was simply not solving the rather severe problems with communications at Tesla (simply outside his skill set, perhaps). Best of luck to Mr. Blankenship in future endeavors.

I've also had some interactions with Jerome and I honestly don't get the same feeling of commitment to us as owners.
I have no idea whether Jerome will be any better at communications. But if he doesn't, the Tesla Motors record is that he'll be replaced by someone else fairly quickly. :eek:

If I'm getting pretty troubled by what feels like a shifting culture at Tesla that is away from owner passion and commitment that has had many of us early adopters so passionately defending the company at very turn. I attend lots of car shows and have spent a lot of time and money on educational props to show people what a great car we have. All I ask for in return is for Elon to support us back by being straightforward, honest and to honor commitments that have been made to us over time. We have a long memory. I sadly today began selling off some of my stock that I swore I would hold for a very long time.

Only the best wishes for George. I had a minor, but important interaction with him on my journey towards Model S ownership. His willingness to listen and help customers was unparalleled and greatly appreciated.

He'll be generating many smiles in his new role as well, if his past history is any indicator ;)