Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

George Bush parking/charging options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody have tips, suggestions on parking at George Bush? Have a Model S 100D. We live in Tyler and usually fly out of DFW but are using IAH soon and don't know the ins/outs. Does valet charge your car? Can you leave your car in a charging stall? I know charging is free at Love Field.

Thanks
jgh

Anybody have tips, suggestions on parking at George Bush? Have a Model S 100D. We live in Tyler and usually fly out of DFW but are using IAH soon and don't know the ins/outs. Does valet charge your car? Can you leave your car in a charging stall? I know charging is free at Love Field.

Thanks
jgh
IAH has a few Blink Level 2 chargers. You can check their status with the Blink app. I have never had any luck in finding any open in my Terminal of choice (C/E) other than the 1 at Valet. If you CAN find one, I believe they are free with unlimited usage. More info at the link below.

There IS a supercharger close to the airport at the Houston North Tesla Service Center.

IAH EV Charging | Houston Airport System

IAH has an EV Charging page for what's available at the airport itself.

PlugShare is also your friend, will show the other options such as Fast Park who's site mentions this:
To support our energy-conscious guests, we offer electric vehicle charging options at all facilities, including 240V Charge Point stations and/or Tesla Superchargers at our newest facilities. We call this service FastCharge, and it is available at no charge to you. To request access to this service, indicate the “Extra Service Option” when making your parking reservation, and we’ll do our best to accommodate your vehicle once you arrive. During peak travel times, or when all FastCharge stations are full, we offer the option to valet park your car and plug it in when a station becomes available.

• Informative
Reactions: Shaggy
Holmanja,
Each of the terminal garages has a few Blink stations that are free to use (but you need a Blink card). Note that parking in the terminal garages costs $22/day(going up to $24/day soon). As mentioned above Fast Park has some charging facilities though I've found them often being used.
I'd suggest a better option would be to plan to stop at the North Houston Supercharger before arriving at IAH and charge enough to get you back up to Corsicana when you return. Shouldn't take too long if you're arriving with a 20% state of charge and only need to go up to 65%.
Then you can park inexpensively at one of the off-airport lots without worrying about getting access to a charger.

Reactions: Prunesquallor
Holmanja,
Each of the terminal garages has a few Blink stations that are free to use (but you need a Blink card). Note that parking in the terminal garages costs $22/day(going up to $24/day soon). As mentioned above Fast Park has some charging facilities though I've found them often being used.
I'd suggest a better option would be to plan to stop at the North Houston Supercharger before arriving at IAH and charge enough to get you back up to Corsicana when you return. Shouldn't take too long if you're arriving with a 20% state of charge and only need to go up to 65%.
Then you can park inexpensively at one of the off-airport lots without worrying about getting access to a charger.
Yeah, I agree. I’ve parked at IAH for a week and lost less than 15% charge (cheap covered parking). You’ve got Superchargers on 45 at Cypress Station and Huntsville that are right on your way there/home. I wouldn’t bother searching for Blink chargers at the airport.