Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Georgia/Atlanta Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps the special EV road tax? Since ICE cars pay road tax through gasoline they added like a 200 dollar something fee for EVs to cover "our" portion.

I think I figured it out. Georgia DMV is charging me twice for the annual Alternative Fuel Vehicle Tax because my birthday (aka the anniversary date) is like a month after my Tesla delivery date. So Tesla paid DMV the full tax when it was delivered and now Georgia DMV is sending me another bill because it's now the anniversary date. I think I am going to send a note to Tesla to see if I can get some of this reimbursed (i.e. like the portion included in the final payment at the time of delivery)

Updated last night to my first 4 week window.
8/31/2022: October 2 - October 30
I had received my trade in call on 9/28, and on 9/29 received my first 2 week window of October 15 - October 29. This morning 10/12 just 3 days away from the beginning of the 2 week window, woke up to it being pushed 11 days :(
10/12/2022: October 26 - November 9

Feeling disappointed as I was so close to the beginning of my first two week window and have already received the trade in call.

I had received my trade in call on 9/28, and on 9/29 received my first 2 week window of October 15 - October 29. This morning 10/12 just 3 days away from the beginning of the 2 week window, woke up to it being pushed 11 days :(

Feeling disappointed as I was so close to the beginning of my first two week window and have already received the trade in call.

Seems some consolidation of timelines is starting to occur for our area for Feb/March orders.....regional shipments to help with their logistics....

Reactions: BamaRed

Pushed back again :(
10/21/2022: November 9 - November 23

Considering changing my paint color from white to red. Anyone think this would make a difference at this point, or is it truly the white seats delaying everything?

Pushed back again :(
10/21/2022: November 9 - November 23

Considering changing my paint color from white to red. Anyone think this would make a difference at this point, or is it truly the white seats delaying everything?
Well even after the pushback on Friday, I got my VIN today!! Picking up at 10am on Thursday. I’m located in Atlanta and surprisingly got a Fremont VIN.

I am waiting for my second Tesla. I had Model Y delivered in August 2022 and currently waiting for Model 3, which is to be delivered in November 2022. For my Model Y, I ended up changing the color couple of times and ended up with blue. But now that I think about it, if you plan on wrapping it anyway, you might as just save the money on color options and just spend the money on wrapping.

Hi All, has anyone pick up their car at the Decatur GA delivery center? how was the experience? I got my VIN on 11/18 and my EDD is 11/30 to 12/09. Still havent receive any type of message regarding schedule delivery date yet. Im just wondering, How long does it take for when you get a VIN to be deliver to GA.

Hi All, has anyone pick up their car at the Decatur GA delivery center? how was the experience? I got my VIN on 11/18 and my EDD is 11/30 to 12/09. Still havent receive any type of message regarding schedule delivery date yet. Im just wondering, How long does it take for when you get a VIN to be deliver to GA.
I used Kennesaw but got my delivery day text and communicated with my SA the day after the VIN email, never got a VIN text. Did you get an Austin or Freemont? Mine was quick, but again different location.

I used Kennesaw but got my delivery day text and communicated with my SA the day after the VIN email, never got a VIN text. Did you get an Austin or Freemont? Mine was quick, but again different location.
Mine is a Freemont built - I did a Vin Decoder and it verify was Freemont . Also, I never had an email or a text which told me my VIN was available, only reason i found out I had a VIN because I pretty much check my account everyday and it happen to pop up when i checked on 11/18. LOL

I picked up both of my cars recently (Y and 3) from the Alpharetta GA location. Both cars manufactured in Fremont. From the time I received a text that the car left Fremont, it took 2 weeks~ for scheduling text arrived.

Reactions: Frikz
I've taken delivery at Decatur twice. No issues whatsoever with communication. You will receive the communication to select delivery date, just hang in there.

Have you scheduled delivery yet? I’m in a similar position but a week or so behind you. VIN left Fremont on 11/30. EDD 12/08-12/17. To schedule, they quoted “within 2 weeks” for me.